Chapter 24

Okay this is by far one of the most anticipated chapters, I feel! Hehe, okay read on! :)

~*~

Chapter 24

Zach did find Havana. He did. But I guess, you could say he wasn’t particularly happy when he saw her. He saw her first, of course, you couldn’t miss a stunning platinum blonde lady in a golden complimenting Marc Jacobs dress.

But well, you guessed it, she was busy flirting, twirling her hair and giggling like a fan girl with none other than Seth Dawson. He clenched his fists. He already felt jealousy and rage consume him from the inside out the second he actually admitted to himself he liked the stunning Havana Parker.

He couldn’t help it; he marched right up to them and put on his best smile, trying not to show any anger to one of his buddies.

  “Hey guys,” He started casually. He shot a glance at Havana and he could’ve sworn she was glaring at him. Well. A man’s got to do what a man’s got to do.

  “Hey man,” Seth did one of those man hug things with him whilst Havana adjusted her hair.

  “So Zach,” Havana said in her angelic voice of hers, “what are you doing here?”

  “Well actually,” Zach chuckled nervously, “Seth, could I steal Havana away for a moment?”

  “Oh yeah, sure man,” He patted Zach on the back, “I’ll just be over there. See you guys.” With that, Seth left from their presence.

  That’s when Havana got angry, all right.

  “Zachary Andrew Loren!” Havana exclaimed, her face printed with anger, “What in the world do you think you’re doing? I finally managed to steal Seth-freaking-Dawson to myself and you had to just come here and shoo him away! What is wrong with you!? I’ve been waiting years to finally be pretty enough for him and he finally actually wants to talk to me-”

  He smashed his lips onto hers and shut her up. Slowly, she relaxed and kissed back, which made Zach’s heart flutter inside.

  “You don’t need to be pretty up for him…or fight for his attention…” Zach said slowly once he pulled away, hesitantly, as they looked into each other’s eyes, trying to read each other’s emotions, “when you’ve got me falling head over heels in love with you.”

  And then he captured her lips once more. But this time, she pulled away, much to his displeasure.

  “I…I don’t know what to say, Zach…” Havana said honestly. She had never ever thought in her whole life that Zach had feelings for her. They had been best friends for a long time now and this…this was sudden. But she felt like she should’ve expected it. But at the same time, she felt like she wanted this. She has been looking for a man…someone trustworthy who wouldn’t break her heart…and she couldn’t think of any other person more perfect than Zach for the role.

~*~

Summer wasn’t as sneaky as Jake, but she was sneaky enough to escape to the second floor balcony, overlooking the city which blew her breath away. She leaned against the railing, the cold metal burning her bare skin. Goose bumps arose on her skin and she shivered. Her dress was far too revealing. Luckily it covered her bare legs or she was sure she would’ve changed into something warmer, even though it was in the middle of the party.

She couldn’t help but feel jealous at the beautiful sights of the city from the Dawson’s second floor balcony. Oh if she had this view (she wasn’t complaining about her arguably good view from her own condo either) she would come out here every day to see the twinkling city lights. She was so immersed in the view, gushing about it that she didn’t realize somebody joining her on the balcony.

  “Hey,” Jake’s deep voice startled Summer and she jumped, placing a hand over her heart to soothe her racing heart. She let out a breath.

  “Oh you scared me,” Summer said breathlessly as she shivered again involuntarily. The cold was seriously chilling her bones. Jake noticed and immediately took off his coat, placing it over her shoulders.

  “Here,” he said as she cuddled into the coat, still feeling the warmth from him. She inhaled and smelled his hypnotic cologne.

  “Thanks,” she smiled at him as she pulled the coat closer to her, desperate for every last drop of warmth it held.

  “Anytime,” he placed an arm around her shoulder and she felt comfortable; right here in is arms… Summer suddenly remembered what she had wanted to say to Jake and she felt the same fear creep up her spine. “So why are you out here all alone and not enjoying the party?”

  “I needed time out, I guess,” she shrugged, inching closer to Jake, enjoying the warmth.

  Jake nodded understandingly, “I guess being the most gorgeous lady in the room has its toll.”

  Summer let a laugh escape from her lips before smacking Jake playfully on the arm, “Oh please, you’ve seen Natalia!”

  “She’s nothing compared to you,” He whispered gently into her ear and she suddenly felt the familiar heart-melting feeling. Now this was the confusing part. No one could see them here. Was this still the act or…? And she suddenly felt curiosity get the best of her.

  “Jake,” she started, turning to face him, looking into his deep blue eyes, succumbing to them immediately. “Look, you know this whole fake relationship thing…”

  Jake’s face fell. No. This is the part where she leaves him, doesn’t she? He felt like a dumbbell has just weighed his heart down, dragging it to the depths of his stomach, never finding its way back up again. “Don’t,” he said gently. Summer paused.

  “No, Jake,” she involuntarily placed a hand on his muscled chest and maintained eye contact, “I just feel…I mean, don’t you feel it?” she asked, or more like begged, “There’s something going on between us and don’t even deny it, I just…” Summer couldn’t find the right words to say and she looked away, averting her gaze to the scenery again. But Jake captured her chin gently with his fingers and guided Summer’s eyes back to his.

  “Summer…” he said, her name rolling of his tongue fluently as he dragged it, uncertain of what to say next.

  “Jake, I…I understand if you don’t feel the same way,” Summer quickly said, not wanting to hear the words of rejection that was going to tumble out of Jake’s mouth. “I am sorry for putting this on you, I just…I had to try-”

  Then he did the unexpected. Just as she was retracting her hand from his chest, he quickly covered her lips with his, cutting her off, and grabbed her retreating hand. Summer froze. What…?

  He then pulled away after what felt like a minute in heaven. Summer was still stunned. She couldn’t quite decipher what he was trying to say as her thoughts ran wild and she couldn’t think properly.

  He then put her hand on his cheek and smiled dazzlingly at her before speaking, “They say actions speak better than words.”

And once again, he kissed her sweetly. Picture this: a couple in love, kissing on a balcony with a background of a breath taking city with twinkling lights, with the full moon high in the sky.

Perfect, isn’t it?

~*~

Hehe hope you guys liked it! :D

btw, surprise sunday update cause I got baptised today and I was feeling happy :)

Julia :)