Chapter 5

Chapter 5

  “This feels weird,” Jake admitted. They were currently in Jake’s Porsche, on the way to Summer’s parent’s mansion, with Summer leading the way, of course.

  “Relax!” Summer slapped Jake’s thigh, making him jerk in surprise. She was currently wearing a floral print sundress and white pumps that looked beautiful yet simple. “You owe me anyway! It’s your turn. I really need to show them I’ve moved on from my ex. They really liked him before. Prove to them that you’re better.”

  “Alright,” Jake gulped. He had never met his ‘girlfriend’s’ parents, mostly because he didn’t have much girlfriends, just flings…lots of flings. Summer noticed is discomfort.

  “Turn right here,” Summer directed and they could see Summer’s parent’s house at the right side of the road. It was huge. It was located in a very private guarded community that only super high class people lived in. Jake admitted he was impressed. He didn’t know that Summer’s parents were loaded. They slowed down to wait for the gate to open. Summer turned to Jake. “Seriously,” She put a hand on his thigh, “Just relax.”

  Jake softened, “I’ll try my best,” The grand steel gates of the estate slid open smoothly.

Jake drove his car in the estate parking before the entrance. There was a little stairway that led up to the grand double doors of the Falls Mansion. They both exited the car and walked up the steps.

  “Wait a minute,” Jake subconsciously grabbed Summer’s hand, stopping her, “What’s your surname?”

  Summer widened her eyes. He didn’t know? She had clearly remembered telling him. “Falls, Summer Falls,”

  “Falls,” He repeated. He would’ve known the rich families. He searched through his brain. Falls; it sounded familiar. And then it hit him. “Falls!” He exclaimed. He had known the Fall’s! They were one of the richest families. No way. He couldn’t believe his luck. He found a girl from a reputable family. His father is going to flip.

  “What?” Summer scrunched her eyebrows at him. He couldn’t help but grin at his discovery.

  “Nothing, it’s just…” He looked at her puzzled expression, “I’ll tell you later in the car.” He pecked her cheek. She blushed in surprise. Jake smirked at her response, then lowered his head to her ear to whisper, “We’re a couple, remember?”

  Summer meekly nodded, “Right,”

Summer pressed the doorbell and heard shuffling from the other side of the door. The door was opened and she came face-to-face with her younger sister, Skye. Skye was 18, while Summer was 21. She looked almost like Summer except slightly younger and she had bigger eyes. She wore a dark pink sundress and Skye’s hair was done in a side-braid. She looked at Summer and grinned and then glanced at Jake. Summer could’ve sworn she saw Skye checking him out.

  “Skye!” Summer grinned at her sister and they hugged each other. Skye pulled back and looked at her sister. She looked so pretty today. It had been months since she saw her.

  “Well, well, well,” Skye eyed Jake, “Who do we have here?”

  “You sound like Mom,” Summer scoffed, earning a glare from Skye.

  “I do not!” She protested immediately, “I am 18!”

  “Whatever you say, Skye,” Summer let it pass and remembered Skye’s question, “This is my new boyfriend, Jake.” Jake smiled at the word, ‘boyfriend’.