Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Dress casually. That’s what Jake had told Summer. Dress casually. She had been stuck on what to wear for about an hour now. And yet, she was still standing in the middle of her walk-in-wardrobe, hands on her hips, frustrated with what to wear. She turned 360 degrees and scanned her wardrobe yet again.

She was going to meet his friends today. Just for fun. Jake had wanted her to get to know some of his close real friends. Well Jake, he was famous, and he had friends who were fake. These guys, Jake had said, were his friends for life.

Summer finally settled on a pair of dark skinny jeans that she bought a few weeks ago, before all this. What about her top? She rummaged her closet further. Finally, she narrowed it down to a flare orange tank top or a purple long sleeved crop top. She finally decided on the purple long sleeved crop top, which matched her skinny jeans better.

Then, she applied some lip gloss on her lips, which made her lips look shiny and kissable. She also lined her eyes with black eyeliner, making them pop, plus a little bit of black eye shadow that created a smoky kind of effect. Then, she curled her already wavy hair into more obvious waves. Finally, when she was done, she grabbed a matching purse and went on her way to Jake’s penthouse.

Summer reached Jake’s penthouse and rang the doorbell. Jake’s eyes brightened when he saw her. He led her in and out to the outdoor balcony. The balcony didn’t jut out of the side of the building. It was more like a sky garden. It was less scary because it didn’t jut out; it was a cozy wood-floored balcony kind of thing. Summer loved it immediately.

On the balcony there was a table and chairs around it with cushions. Summer could tell everyone was already there because there were only two empty seats left at the table; for her and Jake. There were 2 guys and 2 girls sat at the table.

  “Oh hey,” One of the girls said, noticing me and Jake coming. She had gorgeous wavy blonde hair and eye-lined blue eyes, not to mention her model-like body.

  “Hey guys,” Jake greeted back as he and Summer took a seat at the table.

  “At last, we meet Summer,” One of the guys said. He had dark brown hair and sky blue eyes. One word came to Summer’s mind. Hot. “I am Cameron, but you can call me Cam,” Summer smiled at him, careful not to melt.

  “Hi,” Summer said politely.

  “Jake talks about you non-stop,” The other guy said, he had short blondish-brown hair. He was cute. Why were all of Jake’s guy friends hot? Summer thought immediately. She blushed at his comment. “I am Zach, nice to meet you, Summer,”

  “Same to you, Zach,” She smiled back at him. Their hotness was making her melt but she kept her cool.

  “Hey!” Jake cried. “I do not!”

  “Someone’s just in denial,” The other girl scoffed and said. She was a brunette with a pretty face. Summer instantly felt her insecurities rise by a million. These people were incredibly hot and gorgeous. “I am Danielle,” She smiled at me, “Cam’s sister.”

  “And I am Havana,” The gorgeous blonde girl said.

  “Nice to meet you,” Summer smiled politely at them.

  The food came and the dinner was simple yet nice. Western food on a cool balcony, lighted up with candles and mini LED lights, with city lights in the background and a warm atmosphere. Summer felt very cozy.