Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Summer could feel some light, bright light, shining at her eyes, even though they were closed. She blinked a few times before squinting her eyes at the light. Wait, where was she? Oh right, Jake’s penthouse. Memories of last night flooded her head. She tried to sit up from the couch but then there was a hand wrapped around her waist tightly. In fact, it was the only thing keeping her from falling down.

Then, she looked down at the floor and had to stop herself from giggling. Zach had an arm and leg slung around Havana’s waist and her back pressed against his. The siblings, Danielle (who was drooling!) and Cameron, were sleeping side by side, facing each other. They looked adorable! Summer felt the need to take a picture of this but then she realized she couldn’t move.

Her fidgeting caused Jake to stir beside her. His eyelids fluttered open and realized Summer was in front of him. He liked their position, no matter how much he tried to deny it. The little annoying voice in his head persisted, eventually he succumbed to it. He liked this position, a lot.

Summer would’ve turned to face Jake if she could’ve, but it was too narrow and they were squashed up on the couch, their legs entangled together. 

  “Jake?” She whispered. Jake didn’t know she was awake.

  “Morning,” He replied back, his voice husky. It sent shivers down Summer’s spine. They were so close.

  “Jake, I can’t move,” She said softly. 

  “Why do you need to move?” Jake replied, snuggling into her, pressing her closer to him. Summer was frozen at his action, blushing rapidly. Jake had replied automatically, and his brain hadn’t registered anything.

  “Jake…” She whined. He liked the way she said his name. Oh God, Jake thought. What was he thinking again? Where were all these thoughts coming from? “Look at the floor.” 

  Hesitantly, he opened his eyes and looked. A big fat smirk appeared on his handsome face. “We need a picture.”

  Summer smirked evilly, “Exactly,”

Jake then sat up, bringing Summer up by the waist in the process. She stretched and then found her phone on the table next to the couch. She quickly took a snapshot of the four sleeping babies on the floor and her smirk only broadened.

  “This is blackmail material,” Summer held up her phone at Jake’s face, “right here,”

  “Havana’s going to freak!” Jake added.

  “Come on then,” Summer slowly got off the couch, “Let’s make some breakfast.”

~*~

  “Oh my God, Summer!” Zach moaned as he took a bite of the toast Summer made. It had melted cheese and pieces of ham and sausages in it. “This is absolutely delicious!”

  “This has to be the best toast I’ve ever eaten in my life,” Danielle muttered in agreement.

  “You have to teach me how you make this,” Havana moaned.

  “Hell, did you go to culinary school or something?” Cameron said, taking another bite.

  Summer blushed at their comments, “No, my mother taught me how to cook,”

  “Your mother must be one hell of a great cook!” Zach complimented further.

  “She is,” Summer smiled.