Chapter 4

After this morning I decided not to go to school at all today. I was beaten and bruised. I had blue and purple marks and bruises everywhere. My whole body was broken. I could barley walk and it hurt to breath because of all the hits in the stomach.

I had gone to the hospital section in the pack house, it's located in the basement. They had dug deeper in to the basement and made it three levels. Weird, I know.

We had five medical doctors, two emergency doctors, two surgery doctors that are experienced, two technical doctors, ten nurses, and five doctor assistants. And we also had couple trainee doctors and nurses.

The reason we have so much medical staff is because there are over 500 members in our pack and our pack is the second strongest pack in the state. So if there is a rogue attack or something like that, or hunters attack then we need all of these medical staff and the large pack hospital.

So, I went to the pack hospital in the basement to get myself checked out and make sure I don't have internal bleeding. Turns out I had a fractured ankle on my left leg, three broken ribs, my forearm was broken and my right leg bone was broken.

I had to get casts. My forearm would heal in a day or two and so will the fracture. But my broken leg bone and broken ribs will take longer, about 3 to 5 days. And the bruises should be gone by tomorrow.

When I went to see a doctor, I made sure it was the nicest one, but even that one doesn't like me. She just glared at me the whole time and made me wait even though she saw that I was in a lot pain and she didn't even have any patients.

She gave me some pain killers and sent me on my way. I went up to my room and took a little nap.

It was 9:54 so I still had a while till everyone comes home. Either from work or from school. Everyone either works or goes to school so there is no one here usually. I'll sleep till 1:00 then I'll get up and cook dinner, like I do everyday except I do it after school.
<><><>

I woke up to the alarm of my phone. I had put an alarm for 1:00 so I could wake up on time. I went to my closet and got a baggy grey sweatshirt and black leggings. It was really hard to walk so I was limping all the way to the kitchen.

I still can't believe that my brother stooped so low and did this to me. I will always remember everything they all put me through. I won't forget it. Ever.

I got to the kitchen and started to get out ingredients, for today's dinner, out. It was really hard to cook with my broken forearm and leg. But I managed. I don't even want to think about what would happen if I don't have dinner ready for them.

I made lots of fried chicken, fries, tomato soup, and cheese pizza. There were so much food that I wanted to throw up looking at all of it.

After I cleaned up the kitchen, I made myself grilled cheese and poured myself a bowl of tomato soup. I quickly ate it and cleaned up the table. I washed my dishes then I set the table for pack. It was 3:04 and my brother and the others will be here soon.

Just as I was done in the kitchen the front door opened and closed with a slam.

"Scarlett!"

Shit.