Chapter 9

I awoke the next day with a raging headache. I barely got 5 hours of sleep, with all the tossing and turning I was doing. I was somewhat happy, however, because this was the first night that my nightmares weren't the cause of my loss of sleep. I couldn't stop thinking about what my parents said last night. Why did my mother have to go see him? My dad was right, my mom just made this a big challenge for Sam. She was basically putting a “come r@pe me again” sign on my forehead.

I grumbled as I got out of bed, sounding like an old man. Time to get all prettied up for my day of revenge. I hope that everything goes as planned, my heart sped up at thinking of what could happen if this plan didn't work out. Cierra would definitely be p!ssed.

I looked through my closet pushing my way to the back again. If I was going to stand up for myself, I was going to look hot doing it, just to pour salt in the wound. I pulled out some black skinny jeans and a red button up, sheer blouse. I crawled into my closet and pulled out an old pair of red stilettos that I'd only worn once. Thank god for me keeping my tiny feet. I slipped them on and got to work on my hair and makeup.

After a once over in the mirror I made a mental note to go shopping with my mom tonight. We could use the girl bonding time, and I was running out of stylish clothes from my old life. I headed down the stairs going slowly because I was still adjusting to being six inches taller. Did the air seem thinner up here? I swear I felt light headed.

My mom smiled at me and put a bowl of oatmeal in front of me as I sat down. I dug in, I didn't realize how hungry I was until she put it in front of me. “Where's dad?” I asked as I got a breath of air.

She smirked at me, but her eyes still looked so sad. “He left early. He said he had a meeting at work.”

I looked down. I couldn't handle this strain that was being put on my parents. They were fighting when I'd never once heard them raise their voices at each other, and it was all because of me. I honestly didn't expect this, they had stayed so strong and united for me during the trial three years ago. I guess the stress of everyone in town disowning us was bound to hit them sometime. A light bulb in my head went off as I remembered what I was going to ask my mom, hoping that this would cheer her up. “Do you think that we could go shopping tonight and get some new clothes for me?”

My mom's head shot up and her eyes widened, but she got a huge grin on her face. “Why of course honey! How about I pick you up right from school so we can get an early start?”

I smiled back at her. “Yeah that sounds great.” I'm happy I could at least do this one small thing for her. She's been through so much with me, and not once has she blamed me or gotten angry with me for how I made our lives change so drastically. I really appreciated being able to come home and having it actually be a haven for me. I heard a loud honk come from outside and it broke me out of my worship of my mom.

She smiled at me again. “That must be Zane.”

I grimaced, crap I almost forgot about him. There was so much going on that I blanked on how things had turned out yesterday. I figured he wouldn't be picking me up today after how he had turned so cold yesterday. After hearing another honk I leapt out of my chair. “Alright, alright I'm coming!” I screamed out the front door. Geez oh Pete that boy couldn't be any more impatient. I grabbed my bag and ran outside. As soon as I jumped up into his truck I noticed that things were still a bit awkward. His shoulders were slightly tensed as he turned to look at me.