Chapter 7

I wish I could remember how I used to be before all of this. I wish I could remember the sheer happiness I felt everyday just being alive. But now it pains me to be alive. No matter how hard I try to feel or “be” normal, it hurts me more because I know I can never truly be normal again.

These thoughts rang loudly in my head as I walked out of the school next to Zane. I could feel him staring at me but I was too deep in thought to even care. Still I felt the tingles caress my frayed nerves. Nobody realized it but just dressing like this had me on high alert. I knew I was showing way more skin than I was comfortable with, so if someone had even laid one hand on me I would have flipped a nut. That was one reason I was happy with Zane being my shadow all day, even if he was being a jerk to Devlin too.

As I sat in Zane’s truck my thoughts went over to GG, I was trying to set him up with Olivia but he didn’t show too much interest in her today, even though I clearly saw Olivia eyeing him up. He seemed oblivious to her. I couldn’t finish my thoughts of the un-official soul mates, because we were in Zane’s driveway.

I got out without a glance in his direction and turned to walk over to my house, but Zane stood in front of me. I looked up at him, “What?”

“I was thinking maybe you could hang out at my house today?”

I was startled; Zane was inviting me to hang out at his house? My head had me thinking cautiously, but my heart was saying hells to the yes! I turned and started walking with Zane to his house, poor brain it should know I never use it.

Zane grinned before opening the door and saying, “Welcome to my a la maison (home).”

When I walked in I was startled with how clean and tidy the house was. The living room was the first room by the door and it was very tidy; with baby blue walls and white sofas that made you feel like you didn’t want to touch them for fear of getting something on them. The TV was a huge flat screen and it was sat on a wood stand that looked hand carved. I heard Zane chuckle as he looked at my stunned expression.

“So what do you think?”

“Whoa.” I looked at him noticing his grin.

“Would you like a tour?”

“Uh duh.” I stated, if I was this much in awe of his living room I could only imagine what the rest of the house looked like. The house really didn’t look this big on the outside, but maybe it was how his furniture was arranged?

“My aunt is an interior designer.” He stated shrugging. “Her specialty is this crap.”

Pssh this crap? He obviously had no interest in stuff looking good.

“Hey I make myself look good every day and that’s all I need to worry about.”

Whoops I must have said that out loud. I laughed awkwardly, “Heh suuuure you do.” I rolled my eyes at him then walked into the kitchen, which was HUGE by the way. I swear this was my dream kitchen! I swear I could live here. Zane followed me and turned my shoulders to a door at the end of the kitchen.

“This” he said, “Is my room.”

I entered cautiously, considering I was in a boys room, ALONE. And this boy was very sexually alluring, if you catch my drift. When he turned the light on and my eyes adjusted I could see the walls were a dark mossy green and he had lighter green shades to lighten up the room a little. His bed was huge and I could tell it was a king size.

I sat down on the bed cautiously and felt the amazing cushion that had me feeling like I was floating on a cloud, without thinking I sprawled myself across the bed and closed my eyes. Of course Zane had to ruin my heavenly moment by jumping on the bed and scaring the bejeezus out of me. I heard him laughing at my jumpiness. I opened my eyes slowly to glare at him, but then saw just how close he had landed next to me. So I sat up quickly and coughed.

“So what do you want to do?” I asked Zane.

“What do you think I want to do?” Zane said wriggling him eyebrows.

I faked gagging noises whilst saying, “Nothing like that.”

“Well that really limits my ideas of fun.” He said sticking his lip out; pouting.

I looked down at his lip and all of a sudden I started thinking of what those lips would feel like on mine.

“Katy?” Zane said snapping his fingers in front of my face.

“Huh?”

“Um you kind of spaced out on me there.”

“Oh uh sorry.” My face felt like it was on fire.

“Ooh Katy were you having dirty thoughts over there?”

“No!” I snapped while my face got even redder, although I don’t know how it was possible.

Zane grinned at me, “You were weren’t you?!” “Who about?”

I refused to look at him as he kept guessing random guys who I don’t even know personally, so I don’t know why he guessed them in the first place. I kind of just zoned out after a while, but soon got fed up so after he guessed one more guy I snapped. “Zane why do you even care? It’s none of your business!”

“It is him isn’t it?” He mumbled to himself.

What? Oh shoot I hadn’t even listened to who his last guess was. “Who?”

“Devlin.” He muttered as his face darkened.

“What?!? No! I just didn’t feel like listening to you guess more guys!”

His face lightened instantly, “Oh ok!”

Why was he so happy all of a sudden? I swear this guy pms’s more than I do. “So Zane back to my previous question, what do you want to do? And nothing gross either!”

“Ok fineee, how about we watch a movie? I’ve got kettle corn popcorn.”

“Ooh my favorite ok! You load the movie; I’ve got to call my mom.”

“Ok just come down when you’re done.”

I got my phone out a dialed my mother’s number. Ring, ring, ring. No answer I wonder why she didn’t pick up? I left a message telling her where I was. When I hung up I took a deep breath and headed downstairs.

Katy’s Mom’s POV

I felt my phone vibrate and looked down at the number, it was Katy. I hit ignore and kept walking. I stopped when I saw a familiar face.

“Hello Gracey it’s a surprise to see you here.”

 I gritted my teeth as I said, “Hi Sam.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: oooh cliffhanger!;) haha photo to right is of Sam i hope you like!