Chapter 5 part 2

I walked over to the counter and started dishing up my food; I put my roast on a paper plate and the veggies in a separate bowl. I heard Zane shuffle behind me getting his food too. I added some butter to the veggies, while adding some salt too. Then I mashed them together and mixed the salt and butter. Of course I put some ketchup on my plate for the roast also.

When I looked over Zane was just staring at my bowl with a grossed out look on his face, “Hey don’t knock it til you try it.” I said. Walking over to the table and sitting down, I just laughed at his expression. He sat down next to me and I offered him a bite; he shook his head. “Come on you don’t know if you won’t like it.”

He shook his head again so I made choo choo sounds and acted like my fork was a train going in his mouth (the tunnel). He was still being stubborn, and I was getting exasperated. “Zane stop acting like a little kid and just try it!”

“No! It looks icky and will probably taste gross too.”

As he kept talking I took my chance and shoved it in his mouth. At first he just coughed and almost spit it out but I put my hand over his mouth making him chew and swallow.

“Mmmm, it’s actually not bad; it’s just really buttery.”

“See I told you.”

My mom sat down and just started laughing. “You guys are just too cute.”

I blushed again, why did my mom have to say this stuff? Well I guess it’s just all moms’ jobs to embarrass their children.

*After Dinner*

“No mom you always cheat at that game, let’s play something else.”

“I do not.”

“Do too.”

“Do not.”

“Do too.”

“Well as much as I’d love to sit here and listen to you guys argue, I think we better get going it’s almost 8:30 and I’ve got to be home at 10.”

I just humphed at him and continued sorting through the board games, I could feel his eyes on my butt the whole time so I grabbed a blanket off the couch and wrapped it around my legs, noticing the red tint to his cheeks.

Finally we all decided on clue considering I could pay attention to my mom and Zane both, to make sure they don’t cheat. I sat on the couch next to Zane and it was a small couch, so I was a little closer to him than I liked. Still he didn’t move over, I think he enjoyed me being uncomfortable.

My mom sat down and started handing out the cards. She had us pick out a person to use too; and of course I picked Ms. Scarlett. Zane picked Professor Plum, and my mom picked Mrs. White. We started playing and it was actually really fun playing with my mom and Zane. I knew my mom was very competitive, but it turns out Zane is too. So between them it was interesting to say the least, they kept accusing each other of the murder even though they were proved wrong like five times.

It was at the end of the game and Zane said he wanted to guess for good. He said his accusation and looked in the mini envelope. His face was so hilarious, I’m guessing he got it right because his face lit up and he had a huge grin plastered on. My mom’s face fell and she started muttering, “Cheater.” She walked over to him and looked through the cards he pulled out of the envelope.

“This can’t be right, you must have cheated somehow. I demand a rematch!”

Zane started laughing, “Oh Gracey I think you’re only saying this because you’re a sore loser.”

“Am not, I just don’t trust you.” She turned and stuck her tongue out at him.

I felt like I was in the middle of a fight between two five year olds.