Chapter 4

I woke up surprisingly... weightless? I shot up off the floor and looked around, I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw Zane was gone. It would've been awkward if I woke up with him on top of me. I heard something in the bathroom as I was changing, weird my parents should be gone to work by now.

                                                                      ***********

Once I got my clothes on I grabbed my school-bag and walked out of my room. As I was walking down the hallway I heard something crash in the bathroom and someone curse. My heart sped up, I was positive my parents weren't here, their cars were gone. I creeped over to the bathroom, counting to three I flung open the door and standing there was.... Zane. He was only in a towel, he must have just gotten out of the shower. He was still wet his hair glistening. He jumped as the door slammed, his fingers letting go of the towel. He turned just as the towel dropped to the floor.

I screamed and ran, not stopping until I reached the school. I stopped outside the school doors and inhaled a deep breath of air. My heart was pounding and my chest was aching, but not from the running. For some weird reason I had the almost irresistable urge to turn around and run back home. I shook my head and walked inside. Well at least school was the same, it had the same boring walls and boring people.

There were groups of kids everywhere huddled around each other sharing secrets and babbling about other unimportant things. It wasn't the first day of school but still I felt the wandering eyes on me as I walked past. I just ducked my head and kept on walking even as the silence got almost unbearable.

Soon it got to be too much and right as I looked up, ready to scream at the kids for staring, I saw a stampede of girls coming my way. I screamed and covered my face with my hands, readying myself to get crushed, but no admiring fans came my way. I peeked through my hands and realized that the crowd went around me trying to attack another victim. My eyes followed the trail of teenage girls and found a god-like male, with the name of Zane, standing awkwardly in the doorway trying to enter the school.

Poor Zane my school barely ever got decent looking males as new students so with him being the best looking new kid we've ever had, it was like a feeding frenzy went off. Only instead of some carnivorous animal it was a flock of horny teenage girls.

One of the school sluts walked up to him and said, 'What's your name handsome?" She then proceeded to grab his junk.

I almost puked but then chuckled as I heard him say, "You won't find your answer there."

Suddenly Cierra looked at me with a grim look on her face. "What are you laughing at freak?"

I hated when she called me that, "What does it look like slut? I'm just witnessing a guy turn you down yet again." The whole room stopped talking and whipped their heads around to stare at me. Did I mention I usually never spoke up to anyone? Well I never used to I used to just lower my head and take it. I guess this year really was about change, well that and the fact that I was sick and tired of taking this crap.

"What did you just say to me?"

"You heard me." I put my shoulders back head held high. The tension in the room just got thicker with everyone staring at me their jaws dropped to the floor. All of a sudden someone burst into laughter. I looked around and saw Zane cracking up in the corner with everyone's gaze on him now.

He stopped, noticing everyone staring. "Oh come on you have to admit that was hilarious." Everyone stayed silent. He shook his head and made his way over to me. Everyone gaped even more as he put his arm around my shoulders. "Katy you are one little firecracker aren't you?"