Chapter Twenty: Surprise! (P2)

Dying Inside:

Chapter Twenty:

Harry's POV:

I walked to Paul's room the morning after we met McKenna, Carlee, and Ms. Gardner. The family was super sweet but today we actually will get the opportunity to meet Annaliese. I'm so excited, my heart feels like it's going to jump out of my chest. "Ready?" Paul asked us as I fixed my coffee. We all nodded and went around the backway to our van. "How excited are you to meet your biggest fan?" Louis asked as we sat beside each other in the last row of seats. "Yeah, just nervous." I chewed on my bottom lip. "Don't be nervous mate, she'll like you. Especially the gifts we got her." He patted the gift basket. We got her and her two sisters really special gifts to show how much we love our fans. We even got their mum something too, hopefully they'll like their gifts.

When we got the the hospital and had disguises on, the driver parked in the bag and we all got out. Liam and I grabbed the gift baskets and we walked through the entrance. Paul got us signed in and handed us our name tags. I put mine on before walking to the elevators. "I'm surprised no one has recognized us." Louis said to me as we all got on an elevator. "What floor?" I asked Paul as he looked on his phone. "Second." He said and I pressed the two. I closed my eyes and let the elevator music fill my head as the elevator went up. I'm so nervous, I'm not ready to see anna. I hope she likes me.

Annaliese's POV:

"I'm ready to go home." I said to McKenna as I laid my head on her shoulder. "It's so boring at home without you. You can only be entertained by Carlee so much." She smiled as Carlee giggled and hit her playfully. "It's ok Carls, I love being with you." I pulled her onto my lap and squeezed her gently. "Thanks anna." She smiled. We continued to watch tv when someone knocked on the door. "Come in." Mama said as the guests walked in. It was a group of young men with weird looking mustaches and sunglasses. I understand Texas is hot but not hot enough to wear sunglasses on the inside. "Um... Hi?" I said, looking at them. "Are you Annaliese Gardner." The oldest man asked me and I nodded. I watched as they took off the funny looking disguises and revealed that they were my role models- Harry, Liam, Louis, Niall, and Zayn. I gasped and stared at them in awe. "Don't just stand there, come here love." Louis smiled as I started to cry. I walked over to them and they gave me a group hug. Each of them smelled really good, I didn't want to end the hug but it had to sadly. "How are you babe?" Liam asked. "Good." I wiped my eyes. "How's everything going? Are your lungs alright?" I nodded. "I just have to stay here for a few more weeks and learn how to live with them." They all nodded. "Anna." Harry said and my heart beat quickened. Just the way he said my name makes me weak at the knees. "Hm?" I looked at him. "Remember that guy on Twitter, @curlytop94?" He asked and I nodded. "What about him?" "He was me." Harry said and I felt the world spin as I fainted.
•••

"It's ok harry, she's hasn't eaten yet." I heard my mom say as I slowly opened my eyes. I was laying in my bed with a towel covered ice pack on my forehead. "I can't believe you fainted." McKenna smiled as the boys looked over at me. Harry looked really distraught and my heart ached at how scared he looked. "I'm so-" "Harry, it's ok. I'm surprised I didn't faint when you guys took off your disguises." I smiled and they chuckled. "We just wanted to come and see our biggest fans. We also wanted to tell you guys to never give up, when you're going through all of the medical procedures and surgeries and you feel like this is it. Just believe in yourself and you'll get through it." Niall said and I smiled. "You're so adorable." I blurted out before blushing hard. He blushed too. "Thanks babe." He smiled and hugged me. I was a few inches shorter than him so he rested his chin on the top of my head and I giggled as he pulled away. "Ok enough with the hugs, let's hand out our gifts!" Louis smiled and handed Carlee, McKenna, and I gift baskets. "What are these for?" I asked him as he even handed my mom a basket. "To show you guys how much we love you and how we'll help you no matter what." Liam said as we started opening them. I carefully untied the red bow and took off the tissue paper. I looked inside the light brown basket to see several new things. I pulled out the first thing I saw and noticed it was light blue Beats headphones. "Wow." I smiled and looked at the box. "We thought you would like new headphones so you could listen to us." He smiled. I nodded and pulled out a few One Direction memorabilia like a shirt, a blanket, even a poster with all of their signatures. I smiled as I felt the last thing. I pulled it out and saw that it was an envelope. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked up at the boys as they smiled. I looked at McKenna and Carlee to see they had the same thing. "Let's open on three. 1... 2... 3." I said and we all opened it. I looked at the skinny piece of paper in my hands and saw that it was front row seats to their concert in Los Angeles. "Oh my." I said before crying. "There's something else in there." Harry said before we looked and saw passes. "You guys will get to spend the whole day with us before the concert. Airfare and the hotel, along with your meals have been paid for." Paul said and we all hugged him. "Thanks Paul." We smiled. "When's the concert because Anna has a few more weeks until she can get out." "It's next month." Liam answered and she nodded. "So we can go?" I asked her. Mama looked at the three of us. "Of course." She smiled.

A/N: the girls will finally be able to go to a 1D concert. The boys are so sweet :)