chapter one

10 minutes.

I chanted inside my head in pure horror as I kick open my bedroom door. 

I only have ten minutes before my mom comes crashing through the front door in all her glory. I sucked in a deep breath, heart pounding inside my chest as I wiped cold sweat off my face with the back of my hand.

This is bad.

A muffled voice coming from the hallway reaches my ears and I squeeze my eyes shut, hand gripping my phone tighter in an attempt to keep the irritation at bay. 

This is fucking bad.

That woman is a living nightmare.

Deciding it's best not to panic nor curse the heavens as to why my mother's coming to visit me now out of all days, I ran back downstairs into the living room where the sight of a man tied down on the floor against the table comes into view.

"Fucking shut it" I snapped at him when he moves to try and scream which only comes out muffled because of the gag in his mouth.

I heave out a sigh and quickly made my way to the kitchen. 

At least I haven't done anything to him yet. Else this would've been more troublesome.

Tossing the knife on the counter, I slam open one of the small drawers underneath to retrieve a syringe. 

I just need to take care of him and then my mother.

Simple.

No need to stress about this.

I turn back towards him with the syringe on hand. I watch his eyes widen at the sight and he begins thrashing around. I sigh.

"I said shut it" I walked towards him. I can already feel a headache coming.

I quickly undo the rope around his wrist and grabbed his arm, yanking him up and pinning him against the wall just incase he does something funny. He begins thrashing around in earnest and I bite back another sigh.

I can't believe out of all the bodyguards that guy has who are probably more fearless and stoic, I had to get this scrawny little kid who's 90% clueless and is probably regretting everything as of now.

"Sorry kid, nothing personal but" I place the needle against his skin.

"The devil's about to come" And as if on cue, there's the distant sound of a car that I know too well approaching. 

My eyes widens at the sound getting closer and out of mild panic, my grip loosens enough for him to get away. Hands colliding with my face in an attempt to knock me over.

I swallow down a scream because my mother is literally at my doorstep. I scrambled to get him before he fucking does something stupid.

Like look out the window or worse... expose us both.

I grabbed his arm that's in no way gentle and injected the needle without batting an eye. It's nothing lethal. Just some sleeping drug I bought from some man in the alleyway that's bordering the term sketchy. 

It's only a small dosage so whether this is legally safe or not, he'll be fine.

More or less.

I half drag his body that's now growing increasingly heavy to the bathroom, already panting and flushed from exertion.

"Sleep well for maybe four hours" I said before throwing him inside the bathroom, making sure to lock it just as the front  door slams open.

Security and privacy is close to nonexistent to the woman standing in front of me so I shouldn't even be surprised. The least I could do is be thankful she didn't knock off the door off its hinge.