Reality or Illusion

Alex

I saw Sabre drop to the ground. Like a Steve would if they used an extreme amount of energy. I've never seen him do something like that before. I quickly went to him and made sure he was okay. I supported him in my arms and shook him. He was limp.

"What do you mean he did it?" Reality Steve asked angrily to The Guardian who is still under his control.

"I don't feel the sickness anymore." I looked at the Overseer who I didn't even know was here until now. He is alive? How? Or is this a part of the Illusion we are trapped in?

"I checked. It's gone." The Guardian said. Is the sickness gone? How? Did the Overseer do this? Why did Sabre have to be trapped in the machine to cure it? Reality paused and took a second to take in the energy of all of us around him. A hint of defeat was in his eyes.

"He did do it..." Reality looked down obviously upset that he lost. I'm not sure what he lost, but it seems important. He walked over to me and I got ready to attack. I don't have my powers or any weapons, but that doesn't mean I won't try.

"Such a curious thing he is, isn't he? A player so determined to help a species that isn't even similar to his own and by the looks of it." He takes out a necklace.

"Already fought in a war himself." Already? Sabre? A war. He doesn't seem like someone who would have been in one. He is a leader when he needs to be, but usually, he is very upbeat and happy. It's almost annoying sometimes, but it does strangely help us.

"Yes, strangely enough. This necklace of his says it all. Thanks to the memories I got from my oh-so-mighty creator." He complained with sarcasm in his voice. He puts the necklace down in front of me. I take it. If it does belong to Sabre he will probably want this back.

"The deal. You said you would-" The Overseer was cut off.

"Right. The deal... I don't think you completed it." I was very confused. What deal?

"You said if we found a cure for the sickness you would break the Illusion." He looked at him dead in the eyes. I could tell the Overseer was mad.

"Cure everyone." I'm not sure if he said that.

"You said a cure, not cure everyone." The Overseer tries to go up to Reality, but the Guardian stops him.

"I meant everyone though." He rolled his eyes, I held Sabre close to me.

"He did." The Overseer summoned water ready to use it as a weapon. I've never seen him use water or any of his Steve abilities.

"You can defeat me in a fight none of you can!" His voice was loud and chaotic. I shook Sabre a little to see if he would wake up, but he didn't. He seemed okay, so why is he unconscious? I thought by now he would take up.

"You are not going to kill Sabre!" The Overseer summoned lighting on Reality Steve, but nothing happened.

"What are you talking about?!" I said a hint of anger in my voice.

"Sabre made a deal with Reality Steve that If he found the cure for the sickness in three days he would break the Illusion. If not he would kill him." I look in shock and a bit of surprise.

"I said cure everyone." Reality said again.

"What if he did?" The Guardian asked. I hope he breaks out of his control soon.

"That isn't possible." The Guardian looked at Reality then replied.

"I'll check." He teleports away. I look at the Overseer and he gets in front of us. Does he know I don't have powers? Sabre probably told him.