Heart or Mind

Time

We have been in here for who knows how long now. I know we have been in here for longer than two days. Almost no one comes near us though. Truth be told I could really use something to eat right now. The lack of food is making me feel sick. Everyone else was asleep right now. We have tried to stay hopeful though. Especially my dad. The others slept soundly while I was left in the silence of my echoing mask reminding me of each second that passes by.

Tick

Tock

Tick

Tock

Tick

Tock

It struck 4 am. I could feel it. Another hour has gone by. The cold air. The coarse ground. Even the sound of dripping water has remained consistent throughout our long stay here. I clutched the necklace. Sabre's Necklace in my hand. I kept it wrapped around my neck. I went back to waiting.

Drip

Drop

Drip

Drop

Drip

Drop

Drip

The impeding sense of doom. Knowing the world may end. Knowing that all the others could be dead now. We won't even know or see them when the world ends in a reign of smoke and fire.

Tick

Drip

Tock

Drop

Tick

Drip

Tock

Drop

Tick

Tock

Drip

Drop

Tick

Tock

Drip

Drop

Drip

Drop

Tick

Tock

Drip

Drop

Tick

I stood up. I clenched my fist. We have been waiting here for too long. For Rainbow to come back. For someone to come into this cell and talk to us. For anything to happen. I can't keep sitting here. I walked up to the cell bars, my hands feeling a slight tug of the chains. I looked to my left. Nothing. I looked to my right.

The dripping water. It was simply dripping down and forming a small puddle on the ground. The one thing that I know about time, is how much things can change around us through time. I focused. I know my powers are greatly limited by these chains... but I may still be able to do something. To try this. I let my powers slip from my fingers and trace into the dripping water. I let it speed up, and flow faster.

Tick

Drop

Tock

Drop drip