Chapter Thirty Nine

The room was dead silent, heavy with emotion as the three guys mourned their friend.

On the coffee table in Junior's lounge had a black box with a face that seemed at peace, with closed eyes and dried up blood.

Junior had received the package early that morning and with one phone call, his friends joined his sadness.

"We can't let her get away with this!" JP demanded.

"I know," Junior agreed.

"She went too far!" JP shrilled, trying hard to swallow the tears that threatened to fall.

Junior was livid, and more so because he couldn't just get rid of Trina, not yet. He hated that his life had resorted to this, all because of a woman he once loved.

"I'll go to her father," Junior said lowly as he hung his head in his hands that were prepped up on his thighs.

JP and Marcus looked at him, surprised and pissed.

"The fuck you are, we need to lay Trae to rest, well his head and deal with that bitch!" JP said.

"I'm ready," Marcus added placing his gun on the coffee table.

"If I don't go, that's another life," Junior raised his head towards Marcus, "Could be you," he then turned to JP, "or you."

"But if she under the ground-"

"That's mine," Junior interrupted.

They went quiet. All in thought. All plotting amid grief.

"Trae man," Marcus said with a crack to his voice.

They all sat around what was left of Trae with no words of sympathy to give each other.

...

"André is dead?" Sage asked to make sure she heard right.

"Yup," Ashley dragged the word and popped the p.

Sage looked at her friend, surprised at how she seemed unaffected by the news, "And you're okay?"

"Yeah," Ashley shrugged her shoulders.

The girls were at Ashley's house, it was the beginning of a new week, after school they decided on hanging around at hers.

"Uh," Sage didn't know what to say, she was confused at Ashley's reaction.

"Good riddance really, he didn't treat me right," she told Sage.

"I see," Sage said, disbelief betraying her voice.

There was a knock on the door and Ashley got off the couch to go answer it.

Sage sat going through Instagram. She thought she still had to rid the habit of going through Junior's page, it didn't bring her comfort.

"Sage," Ashley called and she snapped her head towards her.

She noticed a pretty girl standing next to Ashley. She looked a bit older and was dressed in a golf shirt mini dress that was red in colour, her bobbed hair similar to the dress but richer was straight and she smelt good as perfume filled the space they were in.

"This is my cousin, Trina," Ashley introduced her.

Sage felt a pang of jealousy, as she remembered that Trina was with Junior but masked it with a small smile, "Hi."

Trina walked towards the two-seater couch Sage sat on. Sage put her legs that were under her on the ground and felt intimidated as the girl neared her.

"Hey Sage, I've heard so much about you," she gave a big smile before sitting next to her.

Ashley returned to her seat and looked at Trina, "What brings you to town?"

Sage feigned concentration as she stared at the screen to her phone.

"Unfinished business," Trina stated, "How have you been?"

Ashley rolled her eyes, "What do you think? You left me with that man," she said bitterly.

"Lucky hasn't changed?" Trina asked.

Ashley smacked her lips, "Why are you here? To show me you moved on and life is good?"

"I came to see my cousin, you know I had to leave," Trina answered.

"I'll see you tomorrow Ashley," Sage said, growing uncomfortable from Trina's presence and their conversation.

Ashley glared at Sage as if remembering that her friend was present, "Alright," she stood up along with Sage to give her a small hug.

Trina watched Sage timidly collect her belongings and walk towards the door, "Hope to see more of you Sage," she said behind her.

"Oh okay," Sage said.

She then rushed out, leaving an amused Trina, "That's what Junior was dating?" She asked Ashley pointing towards the entrance.

Ashley gave her cousin a straight face before they both burst out laughing.

...

"Now that we laid him to rest, it's time for some heads to roll," Sniper informed Eli as they drove to buy food.

They knew who killed their boy and his family and they were not going to rest until they had Junior begging for his life.

"Talking won't do it, hell, we can go to his place right now," Eli said as he cruised down the busy street.

"True, you know I ain't about that plotting shit," Sniper said before a phone started ringing.

Sniper grabbed his phone and answered, "Sniper!"

Eli heard a few 'mhs' and 'yeahs' before he hung up.

He looked at him waiting to be told what the call was about.

"Bossman, he knows we about to get JR, he asked we hold off till he returns with his daughter from him," Sniper sounded irritated.

"What does he want with him?" Eli asked.

Sniper shrugged his shoulders and shifted in the passenger seat to get comfortable.

"They return on the weekend, imma suit up," Sniper thought out loud.

"You don't need me," Eli excluded himself as he knew Sniper worked better on his own.

Sniper nodded his head and reminisced on times with André. He had to do right by him.

[Filler chapter]

Thank you for the support and feedback!

ᦔꪜ