Chapter Twenty Nine

The warm breeze played around Junior and Sage as they lazed on the chairs on the balcony. They just had lunch and they were resting for the day.

Sage's phone rang and she groaned when she read Letoya's name. She silenced it and placed it on the table in between them.

"Your sister again?" Junior side-eyed Sage.

"Yeah, she won't take a hint," Sage said.

"Maybe it's important," Junior spoke lowly.

"Well I'll deal with it next week, I'm on vacation," Sage smiled before she got more comfortable on the long chair.

"Come here," Junior smirked.

Those two words made Sage warm on the inside. She got off her chair and went to sit on Junior.

"Face me," Junior told her.

She straddled him and looked into his eyes.

"You know I love you right?" Junior's deep voice tickled her senses.

Sage tried to look away but Junior kept her face still with his hand under her chin, "Yeah..." she whispered.

"And you mean so much to me, more than anyone ever has," Junior continued. He allowed himself to be bare before Sage, she brought that out of him.

Sage's eyes widened, "Really?"

Junior smirked, "Yes baby, remember what I said yesterday? It was true. You got me wanting to better myself, many would view it as soft cause I ain't never let a female close enough but I took that chance on you and I don't regret it," he spoke.

"I-um, I don't know what to say," Sage said, she took in his words and appreciated this moment but shock played a part in her reaction more.

"Just say you'll never let me down and that you'll always be here for a nigga, no matter what," Junior shrugged his shoulders.

"I mean, yeah," Sage rushed out causing Junior to chuckle. She composed herself, "This is overwhelming, not in a bad way. I've never had anyone say such to me, ever-"

"You've never had a boyfriend?" Junior looked puzzled.

Sage looked down at her fumbling hands, "Yeah, you're my first," she whispered.

Junior smiled, "No need to be embarrassed about that, look at me," he watched Sage lift her head up, "I feel honoured for some reason to be your first, I'm your last too, best believe."

They laughed.

"But I got you, I may be older and been around but this here," Junior held her hands to his chest, "This is real."

Heat rushed to Sage's face and her eyes became teary, "I love you too Junior," she said.

The gap between their faces closed as Junior slowly put his lips on hers. Tears rolled down Sage's face.

"Don't cry Ma," Junior mumbled against her lips and Sage gave a small laugh.

They parted and stared at each other. The moment felt perfect, they didn't have to pretend with each other. Sage looked into his brown eyes and the back of her hand caressed the side of his face.

She wanted to give him more of herself, to show that she was in this as much as he was. To certify their love.

"I think I want to give you my virginity," she said lowly.

"What?"

Sage sighed, "I want to give you my virginity," she enunciated.

A small smile played on his lips as he looked at Sage, "As much as I'd love to give you some of this," he peered down to his crotch, "I wanna make it special for you."