The Name Game

"Sweet- I mean Phoebe, your hair is just simply luscious darlin', a poor gal would kill for your hair," Gabe praised as he fluffed my hair. I smiled weakly as I squirmed in the chair.

"Thanks," I muttered through unmoving lips.

"Shame we have to dye it... But I think red would look beau on you. Hmmm?" He hummed and grabbed a pair of scissors. My eyes widen and I jumped out of the chair like a spider monkey.

"Woah! What the hell do you think your doing with those!" I exclaimed which caused for some strange reason Adam to barge in. Gun and all.

"What happened?" He demanded, his eyes wide with alarm.

Cue ogling.

I have to say, Gabe did a amazing job on Adam. His once brown hair was jet black now with green streaks here and there making him look like a hot badass kidnapper. Even drool- worthy.

"First of all what are you doing with a gun? And second of all nothing," Gabe said in a slight reprimanding voice.

Hmm, should I lie or should I not?

Adam surely couldn't seeing the state in was in now, eyes widen making him look innocent and naive.

"Er... We-we ran into some muggers and Adam had to fight 'em all you see and then bought a gun just in case..." I trailed off. I grabbed the hem of my shirt started fiddling with it nervously. I was never the one for a "perfect poker face."

Gabe blinked.

Again...

And again...

Suddenly he sighed... In relief...?

"Thank G your alive! But put that thing away, we don't want to any accidents now do we?" Gabe chirped while grabbing my hand and pulling me towards the chair and kicked Adam out who was staring at me with shock. My neutral fear came crashing back when Gabe went back to picking up the scissors. I grabbed my hair.

"Your not cutting my hair," I hissed and glared at his reflection from the mirror. Gabe frowned sympathetically.

"Sorry doll face but I have to, we can't have people recognizing you, now can we?" Him and his damn questions...

I huffed, and folded my arms across my chest. "I'll only do two inches," I muttered.

Gabe opened his mouth to protest.

"Fine! Three," I grumbled. "But that's all."

Gave chuckled, "I was just going to do one inch but OK, it's what you want after all." Then the motherfucker had the nerve to start whistling as I winced everytime the sicssors snapped against my hair.

Smug asshole.

.:.:.:.

"Diana?"

"Ew, that's a grandma's name."

"Monica?"

"No."

"Penelope?"

"N-..." I hesitated and tapped my chin. It had a nice ring to it... Gabe beamed.

"Okay, middle name?"

"Can't I just use mine," I groaned and looked over to see Darryl Alexander Rochester also known as Adam standing by the window. He smiled when he caught my eyes, pity in his own.

"Lillian?" Gabe asked, ignoring my protest.

"No, that sounds like a French name."

"Evelyn?"

I still didn't understand why we had to change our whole name, there had to be like a billion Phoebe Jensine Bensons in America.

"Fine," I groaned.

"And your last name can be... Xavier." I crinkled my nose in disgust. Gabe rolled his like I was the one annoying him. And believe me, I'll be doing a better job at it. "Now what?"

"It sounds like a boy's name," I confessed.

"It's a last name too!"

"Whatever."

"You'll take it?"

"I don't care," I scowled.

"Alright you two are all set Darryl Alexander Rochester and Penelope Evelyn Xavier." Gabe proposed while stretching.

"How long are you staying here?" I asked and curled my legs underneath me while grabbing the throwback blanket from beside me.

"Hmm," Gabe hummed while closing his eyes. "IDK darlin' it's all up to Suger Plums over there," He drawled. I swiveled head around to look at Adam asking him the same question silently with my eyes.

Ada- Darryl shrugged, "I really don't care but we're only staying here for a week."

Gabe opened his eyes and winked at me, "a week it is." He declared and closed his eyes once again for a quick nap.

.:.:.:.

"Don't slip on the soap."

"I won't slip on the soap."

"Okay, just don't slip on the soap."

"Ow."

"You okay?"

"I slipped on the soap."

"Didn't I tell you not to slip on the soap?"

"Well if there wasn't soap on the floor I wouldn't have slipped," Adam retorted as he grabbed the kitchen counter to stand up. I had accidentally squirted dish washing soap on the floor and hadn't bothered to clean it up a while ago. Oops.

I giggled like a school girl and went back to my bacon.

"Morning my lovers!" Gabe sunged as he walked in wearing only a pink robe, showing off his hairy legs. Gag. "What's for breakfast? I'm starve."

"Bacon, eggs, and toast," I chirped and grabbed three plates from the cabinet that had the hotels logo on it.

"Yummy," Gabe moaned and opened the fridge to grab a carton of orange juice.

"Dude, you better not drink from the carton," Adam AKA Darryl warned.

"Pishh, posh, your not the boss of me," Gabe grumbled.

And that was how our morning continued, it was almost like playing house only Gabe ( who was twenty-three) was the child and Adam (who was eighteen) was the father.

I placed the plates on the small island that had three stools around and sat down. The two thanked me and dug in as I observed them. And for the first time since Adam kidnapped me, I was kinda sorta happy he did in a sweet and happy way.

Fuck, I was turning into a softy.

Dear Booky-Dee,

I haven't wrote in you all day, I apologize and shit. My new name is Penelope all thanks to Gabe. His going to stay with us for like a week so this should be interesting. I think Adam (AKA Darryl) would make a great dad one day weirdly when I saw him reprimand and hang out with Gabe today, he looked normal and calm. The two all but kicked me out of the kitchen when they agreed to cook me dinner so let's keep our fingers cross and hope they don't blow it up.

-Penny.