Surprise!

A/n: I got another idea for Gabe's story. So as I was writing (or typing) I started thinking about Gabe, and what kind of Diva writes? I mean, a true drama queen would never risk breaking a nail just to write in a silly little journal. So change of plans, Gabe will not be having a diary, but I'll still write about his life before Phoebe and how he met Adam and stuff.

.:.:.:.:.

"Phoebe You gots mail! Looks like somebody writin' you lurv lettuhs!" Gabe hollered from the kitchen. He was making cereal...backwards...as in pouring milk in a empty bowl and then the cereal. 'Cause his a fun-of-a-kind, kinda guy.

Weirdo.

"You don't need to yell," I muttered and got up from the recliner.

"What was that?" he yelled... again.

"Nothing!" I yelled back as I walked into the high-tech kitchen Claudia absolutely loved. 'Cause she loves to cook.

Ms. Drama Queen sniffed and muttered, "ya didn't need to yell."

Hypocrite.

I rolled my eyes and snatched the envelope from it's station on the butcher board counter top.

Mother hates chopping board so she got butcher board.

Eh.

I ripped the letter open with my teeth without bothering to see who sent it.

Probably a letter from my job saying I was fired.

Did I ever tell you I had a job?

I had a job.

Had being the keyword.

Dear Phoebe,

I'm sure Gabe has told you that I wouldn't be able to make it in New Mexico anytime soon. And if he hadn't I'm not surprise.

I can't exactly leave California since the cops are looking for me, but Rose dyed my hair again (it's blond now, so at least we match) and Mike is looking for one of his old "pals" for a fake ID.

I don't know what to say, and I'm sorry for this whole mess. Like you said in your diary, if I had the balls to ask you out this could have been avoided.

I love you,

Adam.

.

.

.

"Phoebe?"

.

.

.

"Maybe her big head finally cracked and she gon' crazy."

.

.

.

"Tush?"

.

.

.

"Love?"

.

.

.

He read my diary...

"Are you alright Phoebe?"

He read Booky-Dee...

"Maybe we should bring her to the hospital."

And he said it (or wrote it) so casually.

"Maybe you should bitch slap her."

What else did he read?

"For heaven's sake Phoebe, blink!" Claudia yelled exaggerated...ly.