Chapter Seven

The women sat in a circle on the pillows and blankets, facing each other as they all helped themselves to slices of pizza that Harley had made for them.

Joker glared at them in envy as he sat on his famous armchair (which was out of the way of the females), clutching a family-fun sized pack of popcorn. He scoffed each piece noisily, receiving annoyed glances from one of the girls every now and then.

They had all ignored him since the bathroom incident, and despite all of them being insignificant compared to himself and Batman, he still craved their attention... after all, an established clown such as Joker was there to mix everything up a bit, not to just sit back in the sidelines.

"Oh come on Cat!" Pam snapped to the brunette woman sat beside her, clearly she'd had one too many glasses of wine by this point. "You must have some ideas if you think our taste in discussion sucks!"

"W-Well I - "

"How about a game?" Shannon suggested, her fat lips bright red from the all of the red wine she'd consumed.

"A game? What d'ya have in mind?" Harley asked with interest, bright eyed despite the fact it was going on for twelve at night, and everyone else (bar her and Joker) was already more than tipsy.

"I dunno you dumbass! It was just a suggestion!" Shannon yelled, necking down another drink.

Harley blushed and shrunk back away from the group. Joker's munching stopped just as a brief silence came over the group and all the women noticed, not daring to look at him.

"I know a couple games," Joker began with smile, chucking what was left of his bag of popcorn on the floor, its contents spilling all over. "I mean... if you don't mind having a psychotic murdering clown prince in your little troupe, I'd be happy to share said games with you ladies..."

Harley frowned at him, but he subtly winked at her as he came closer, the other women too occupied in conferring with one another about his offer.

"What are you doing Mr J?" she whispered firmly as he leaned down so he could hear her.

"Oh, just getting everyone in the slumber party spirit!" he replied joyfully, planting a chaste kiss on her lips which made her feel a little faint. "Oh and Pumpkin, what was the name of the freaky dame that snuck up on me in the little clown's room?"

"Shannon. Why?"

"Oh, nothing for you to worry about Sweets!"

"Mr J ... I don't want anyone dying tonigh - "

"We have come to a dezision." Pam said with a little slur, looking exceptionally pissed off as she looked him over. "We'll allow you to join in as long as you sit with Harley and don't come anywhere near us."

"Aww, so considerate Pammie. Not as considerate as you were with Harv, I'm sure ... "

"What was that?!"

"Nothing. Now do ya wanna play a game to liven up this so-called sleepover or not?!" he snarled, all of them answering him with am apprehensive "Yes!" in unison. "Very well..."

Joker sat down crossed legged next to Harley and she snuggled into his side, he found it a nuisance but noticed that some of the women seemed to be jealous of Harley's closeness for some reason, and so he played on it by giving her a kiss on the head and whispering something in her ear to make her giggle. He then turned to face the rest of them, grinning from ear to ear.

"Well the first game I have to say, is always a must at sleepovers. Seeing as you plastic hags haven't played it yet I'm guessing you're all boring old cat ladies - apart from you Harl - " He gave her a kiss on the cheek and she squealed happily. "Oh, and no offense Selina."