Chapter XXIV

He kissed my forehead before sinking me into the water.
"This should ease the soreness." He told me. The water felt great. It was the perfect temperature making my body feel as if it were being wrapped in a warm hug.

"I love you." I said as I relaxed, closing my eyes and resting my head against the back of the tub.
"And I love you, but if you keep saying it with that tone a soak won't help the soreness when I'm done with you." He used a sponge to squeeze water over my body.

I opened one eye to peek at his face, oh he was serious. "I lo-"
"Meow!" Fries came running in. Purring, he rubbed himself over Xion, who was now dressed in his pants. He had put his hair back up a bun, sadly. He still looked sinful though especially since his beard has grown out quite a bit. The thought of how it felt against the skin of my thighs made me clench. I've become a fiend.

"I see you've grown." Xion said as he tickled Fries. Fries has been by my side for the past few months. He used his nose to track the enemy vamps with me some nights. Other nights he would guard Xion's body while I was out.

I splashed water on them both,
"Hey! Don't forget I'm supposed to be getting pampered right now."
Fries strutted out of the bathroom in a fuss as Xion turned his attention back to me with a chuckle.

***

3 days later...

"We should announce that you are awake to the kingdom. They've been worried." I said intertwining my fingers with Xion's.

"I'd like to handle matters in the castle first." He replied lifting our hands to press a kiss to the back of mine. "Did Conner leave?"

"Yes, he went back to the Demon Kingdom. He has plans to take the throne and join us in battle."

"And Ava? Has she given birth?"

"Yes, they had a son she's named him Jasiah." I had a little love for Jasiah. Charlie has also taken a liking to the baby vampire. Between Thelus and Ava's two children and Charlie, I've grown fond of vampire children.
Ava and I had developed a close friendship, the former human had loads of knowledge and though she was a vampire I felt like she was the same as me. She told me many stories of the human world and the things they had there. When she gave birth 4 months ago, she spoke to me about raising vampire babies. She said she loved it as the children grew steadily and were made for fun and curiosity. They slept all day and stayed up all night, she claimed they were less fussy than human babies and explained that they were quick to crawling and walking.
Apparently that wasn't a bad thing as I would have liked to think. It made me sad at the time, Xion had spoken about heirs, and I had said hell no. I remember thinking what if he never woke up to make it happen. Now that he was awake, and we had made love would I get pregnant?

Could I be pregnant now? It has been three days since he woke up. We didn't make love again. I found myself annoyed that since that first night, he'd made no moves to be with me again. Should I ask him to make love to me? I desperately want to know if I really liked it that much or was the newness that made it exciting.
What would our first child be like? First child! Am I implying that it should be more than one?

I turned to Xion about to scream something like I'm not having five kids! Only for someone to come diving in through our window sending glass flying across the room. Immediately Xion shoved me behind him, protecting me.
Scrambling off the floor, I went diving for the swords across the room. Grabbing them, I rushed towards Xion where he stood facing off with the intruder.
"Xion!" I shouted tossing the sword. He caught it easily, pulling it free of its sheath in a flash and swinging with a roar. The intruder dodged, pulling a small knife from his boot and going at Xion fast. The nimble bastard had speed on his side, a skill he intended to use against Xion. I wouldn't let him, I sent my magic blasting at him, he dodged but did not get away as Xion brought his sword down with a hard swing, at the last minute Xion flipped the sword to its dull edge knocking the intruder down on his stomach.
Xion kicked him sending him flying across the room. He came crashing down on the furniture with a grunt. The sound of blood spurting out of his mouth was akin to music.

I approached him slowly, raised my sword to his neck and pinned him down with a foot to his chest.

"Who the fuck are you?"