Chapter XXII

Xion's POV

What's that rush in my blood? Slowly my eyes opened. I hissed at the sting from the light, blinking to adjust. Sitting up in the bed I inspected myself. My wound was completely healed, and I felt like I'd just drank from a reservoir of power and youth. I looked at my hands, turning my palms up to inspect them. My skin was flushed with a rich and healthy glow.

I stood from my bed and began to dress, just as a young girl walked in.
"King!" she gawked, bowing her head. She turned to rush for the door.
"Wait." I ordered. "How long had I been asleep?"
"Six months, your majesty."
"And how have I been feeding?"
"Queen Aurora feeds you. Only big soldier, Queen Aurora and Charlie allowed to see the king." The child, Charlie, seemed proud puffing out her chest as she said that.

So, sweet enchantress has been giving me her blood. Her voice wasn't a dream after all.
"And where is the queen now?"
"She trains the soldiers for the big fight."
"Is that so?"
"Yes! She said they suck. She yells at them every night. I only get to watch sometimes ... she sends me to bed. "

I chuckled, " Can you keep my awakening a secret from the queen, Charlie?"

The child looked skeptical, "Queen Aurora, said I should tell her everything, no secrets."

"But I want to surprise her. She'll be really happy..." I sensed a loyalty in the child.

"Are you sure?"

"I'm certain of it."

"Okay, I won't tell."

"Thank you, Charlie."

I chose to walk to the grounds, deciding to see how well she had managed without me. I remembered thinking I was dreaming her voice, telling me she loved me and if I didn't wake up soon, she would kill me with her own hands. I remember hearing her crying.
She was constantly crying. Still, whatever distress I felt she was in without me did not show in the state of my surroundings. The castle showed no signs of being without its King and the servants appeared to be so busy. She did well.

***
I watched her with the soldiers. The cacophony of sounds met my ears, metal meeting metal, roars of angry men.

"Okay girls! Swing those swords! This is not a game!"
"Come on Rohan, I know you can do better than that."
"Carmelius, I need you to hack off limbs on that battlefield not barely graze the skin. Swing!"

The soldiers noticed me first. They all paused their fighting.
"Woah! Who told y'all to stop? Is this the kind of thing you'd want your king to see? Stop playing around!" She said before whacking the nearest soldier with the guard of her sword.

"Your majesty." He whined to her before titling his head toward me.

She turned slowly, almost cautiously. The field was so quiet and when her grip around the sword loosened it fell with a loud clang.
I saw the tear drop from her eye, but I couldn't move, her gaze pinned me.

She took steady steps toward me, her green eyes so sharp with emotions. She said nothing when she stood in front of me. But it wasn't long before I felt the sting of her hand as she slapped me.
"How dare you make me wait?" She sneered. Then she's on me. She pulled my hair from its tie and slammed her lips to mine. I pulled her up and wrapped her legs around my waist. She deepened the kiss, letting her tongue meet mine and I wrapped my arms around her impossibly tighter. She kissed my face and whispered into my ear. " I missed you...Vampire."
Moaning she rubbed herself against me, I felt her desperation.
I mysted us away.

Throwing her to the bed, I gazed down at her. Red hair, green eyes, pale skin and my queen. Who would think that my eyes would fight tears after aching to look at her like this? No woman should ever be this beautiful and yet here she was an embodiment of pure lust and desire.

"Xion..." She crawled up before me and her eyes told it all.

"Have you longed for my voice?"

"Yes." Her reply was swift and sure.

"Have you longed for my gaze?"

"Everyday." Aurora whimpered the word.

"Have you longed for my touch?"

"Please." A plea.