I Love You

You've probably heard jokes about lesbians moving really fast in relationships. You know, the "U-Hauling" stereotype and such? Anyway, I was so smitten by CeeCee that I was really trying my hardest to NOT move too fast. Of course, moving in with her didn't help!

Since this was my first relationship, I kept telling myself to slow down, let things happen naturally, etc.

Then this happened.

Keep in mind, these were all written for Twitter, so I sometimes included redundant information just in case someone wasn't aware of my current situation.

*     *     *

Can I share a little story?

I was cuddled up to my girlfriend last night, stroking her hair and waiting for her to fall asleep.

In case you don't know, I've been riding out the current pandemic at my gf's family's little winery/vineyard. I was weirded out at first by the invitation to stay with them while we waited for the campus to reopen. There's no way my parents would have been okay with a significant other moving in and sharing a room with me or my sister. Her family was really welcoming to me, though, and I decided to take them up on the offer.

She went through some bad times mental health wise before. She doesn't suffer like many people I know, but she does get anxious and overwhelmed sometimes.

Her family has hinted that I've sort of helped her come out of a shell.

Me: Having a hard time falling asleep?

GF: No. Just thinking. Can I tell you something?

Me: Of course.

GF: You know when Papi and I were on the back deck having a cup of coffee this afternoon?

Me: Yeah. I was going to join you, but you guys looked like you were having a moment.

GF: We were. He told me he was happy you were here with us.

Me: Aw, that's really sweet.

GF: He said, "I don't know how Annie came to have your smile, but I'm glad she brought it back to you."

I thought that was so sweet, I didn't know how to respond.

GF: Annie?

Me: Yes?

GF: I love you. You don't have to say it ba-

Me: I LOVE YOU TOO!

GF: -ck...Okay then.

The rest is all giggling and cuddling.