Can't let go

~Dabi's pov~

It took everything to refrain Dabi from just strangling Giran on the spot. He could see the pain and agony as Giran stabbed Hawks in the stomach. The fear in his eyes as that bastard whispered something, probably a threat. Dammit. Why couldn't he just shut up and wait for the right time? Instead, Dabi just got Hawks in a lot more trouble than some empty threats. He watched as Hawks broke eye contact and turned pale.

"I'm sorry sir." The small voice at the front stuttered out.

That was the last straw.

"What the fuck Giran!" Dabi shouted, narrowing his eyes.

"I should of known you would do something like this you sick bastard!"

Giran just stared back camly. "Could it be that you know this human trash Dabi?"

The room went silent.

"Tch. Do whatever you want with him. It's not like I care" Dabi waved a hand dismissively. Was this really the right thing to do? After all, the last thing he wanted was to cause more harm to Hawks. But to leave him in Giran's 'care' was just out of question. Dabi sighed and turned around.

"I'm leaving this stupid meeting. Shigaraki, I'll see you back at the base."

.

.

.

.

.

Dabi couldn't think straight. Why, out of all the places would Keigo be at the black market? After the incident 2 years ago he was almost positive that he would never see him again. But now, Dabi wasn't sure what to do anymore. It hurts just seeing the condition Keigo was in. Next time, he thought. Next time no matter what, Dabi was gonna beat the living hell out of Giran.

It was a long time when Dabi finally reached the L.O.V hideout. After lashing out at Giran, he had decided to walk back to the base to spite Shigaraki for bringing him in the first place. It all went downhill when it started to pour with rain. Dabi's physical form has never coped well with his cremation quirk but rain just made it a lot harder to even spark a flame. Dabi gritted his teeth and stormed up the stairs of the old building. Slamming the door open, he walked in without another word and went to his room. Sleep sounded like a good idea.

Before long, a loud knock awoke him from his slumber. Dabi rolled his eyes and stretched out his arm, yawning.

"Who's there?" He yelled out.

The door handle immediately disintegrated and in stepped Shigaraki.

Dabi raised an eyebrow.

"What is it? Do we have another mission?"

Shigaraki just looked around disapprovingly.

"Clean your room Dabi. You're not a child anymore. Also, I believe that you've taken an interest in him."

He stepped back and gave Dabi another glare.

"Do whatever you want. I got him off Giran."

Shigaraki walked off and standing awkwardly in the doorway was......him.

~Hawks pov~

He could feel Giran's breath against his ear. Everything was ringing, and the pain in his body wouldn't stop. It took pure willpower for Hawks to support his body upright while the rest of the world spun around. All he wanted was death. No more suffering. No more pain. But what about Dabi? Hawks refused to leave him in this cruel world alone. The least he could do was keep living for him. After all, he did make a promise. And heroes never brake promises. Even if the other person did.

Hawks watched as Dabi suddenly stood up and started a heated argument with Giran. He scrunched up his eyes. Life was unfair. People has always said to him that God had created each and everyone with a special purpose. So why was Hawks still here? What was his purpose?

Giran summoned a guard to take Hawks away. He obeyed silently, knowing that lashing out was only gonna make it harder to survive each day. The past 2 years were a living hell for Hawks. The first quirk-related drug Giran had tested on him was the one that gave the normal part of society a special quirk of their own. Hawks, having already had a quirk, just regrew back his wings. But they came with a price. Unlike the wings that Dabi had taken from him, Hawks' new wings were much more sensitive and instead of red, they were black feathers.

At the end of the day, In exchange for his unwanted wings, Giran performed all kinds of experiments on him. From cutting off his flight feathers to injecting other drugs into him, Hawks had lots of scars that ran from the left shoulder all the way to his right hip.         The guard lead Hawks back to his cell and pushed him in.

"Your next meal is in 10 hours." He said before leaving.

Hawks just sat down in the corner of the cell and hugged his knees. The cell was basically the size of a public toilet, just a little bigger. The only thing that kept him warm was a ragged blanket and a white(now stained with red) t-shirt and some baggy shorts. Giran has also been 'kind' enough to throw in an old teddy bear from some second-hand shop. His stomach grumbles in want. The last decent meal Hawks could remember having was a bucket of KFC, when he was stress-eating. That was 2 years ago. Now the only thing keeping him alive was a sandwich and a glass of water every two days.

His thoughts abruptly stopped when he heard the familiar sound of Giran's stupid boots heading his way. Hawks immediately cocooned himself behind a curtain of black feathers before giving himself a peep talk to be mentally prepared for the days 'testing'.

In other words, Hawks was scared. Scared of the world that harmed him in every possible way. Scared of Giran, for hurting him. Scared of Dabi, for leaving him.

A large shadow loomed over Hawks and his cell door rattled. He took a shuddering breath and waited for Giran's orders. But they never came. A gloved hand reached out and harshly took a hold of his arm before pulling Hawks off the ground. He could feel his heart starting to quicken, at human contact.

"Hawks, dear. I've sold you for a good price to Shigaraki. Im sure you know him. This is a farewell from me." Giran chuckled.

What?!....

Hawks desperately searched his brain for that oh-so-familiar name. It was probably someone from the L.O.V. That's when it clicked. It was their leader, Tomura Shigaraki. His blood froze and the thought of what he was in for. The L.O.V hated him. After all, Hawks was the one that infiltrated them and sent them to Tartarus. Yep, this was not a good day for him.

A/N
Hello my fellow ground potatoes!!! Im sorry this chapter took so long:/

Meh poor laptop started glitching and half of this chapter didn't save so I had to rewrite it T^T but I got there so yay 😂

Thanks for sticking around until now... :)

P.S the next chapter will be posted next week