Haunted by the past

~Dabi's pov~

Dabi had probably fried his brain cells a long time ago, but he really needed his legs to work. Standing in the same place won't be any help. As he was thinking, Hawks was probably bleeding out to death at the moment. Dabi wasn't worried. No, he was horrified.

He had only been in this room once, with Toga. Shigaraki had gone out on a mission, and he left the two to question one of the henchman of another villain organization. Dabi furrowed his brows. It didn't matter what they were called. It was that fact that he was actually horrified with Toga's torturing technique. He didn't care what she had gone through. The pain she was inflicting was far more inhumane than he could ever imagine.

Seems like Hawks learned that the hard way.

Without saying another word, Dabi walked towards Hawks and slowly got the bloodied hammer beside the chair. Hawks gave him a pleading look, but Dabi turned away. There was no other way for this. He took the other side of the hammer, slowly positioning it with the top of the first nail.

"Now, I know this is gonna hurt a lot, but please, bear with me."

Hawks' eyes widened and he immediately tried to struggle away, but Dabi was determined to get him free. Hooking the backside of the hammer onto the nail, Dabi took a shuddering breath and pulled.

Blood started spurting out of the wound, as Dabi pulled out the long nail. If he looked at Hawks from a distance, he wouldn't of noticed anything, but he had been in the L.O.V long enough to know not to judge something just by looking at it.

With one last tug, the nail came free from Hawks' calf and the wound started to widen. Gingerly, Dabi ripped off a piece of his t-shirt and gently bandaged Hawks. Of course, Hawks had no clue due to the facted that he had fainted from the immense pain he had to endure.

This was gonna be one hell of a night.

.

.

.

.

.

With Hawks, now cleaned of all the blood and properly bandaged, Dabi quickly scribbled a note that said he was gonna go out for a few days and left it at the bar in League.

In reality, Dabi was torn between the League of Villains and Hawks. What should he pick? ( Yes my ground potatoes, I'm asking u so pls comment)

With everything that had been going on lately, Dabi wasn't sure what he was trying to aim for anymore. He hasn't told anyone this, a couple of years back, he had found an empty storage container on the outskirts of Musutafu, and it was just his little escape from reality. As the years went by, he had actually refurnished the place until it was in good condition. His non-stop supply of drugs, some alcohol, a mattress and some spare clothes. It was an escape from reality.

Easing Hawks onto the mattress, he covered him with his coat and laid outside on the grass. Dabi felt like it was gonna be yet another sleepless night...

~Hawks' pov~

It hurts so bad.

Please, just let the pain stop.

I just want to let go.

Another jolt of pain courses through Hawks's body, making him shiver. His whole body was trembling unconsciously, probably from the huge beating he took from Toga.

Hawks peeled one eye open, and just laid there, taking in his surroundings. The last thing he remembered was Dabi removing the nails that Toga had hammered into his limbs to secure him onto a chair. It was the same sensation he had felt when Giran forced his wings upon him.

Sitting up, Hawks looked around and found himself in some sort of storage container. Then something stirred inside him. They were probably not in the League's base.

Closing his eyes again, Hawks gathered his remaining strength and tried to stand up. Tried. The moment he put weight on his legs, he came awfully close to the ground. Until a pair of strong arms caught him at the last minute.

Dabi.

Hawks pushed him away immediately, his breath caught in his throat. All the things he wanted to yell at him, forgotten. Hawks didn't want to say this, but he was scared. Dabi had hurt him once, and he could do it again. On pure instinct, Hawks cocooned himself in his wings.

"Hawks, I-"Dabi trailed off.

There was a nervous tone in his voice, but at this point Hawks was already panicking.

"S-stop. Stay away from me!"

"Please." Hawks's voiced cracked.

"I just want the voices to go away."

His wings sagged slightly, and Hawks felt a rush of warm air brush out in front of him. Dabi put his hands up.

"I'm not gonna hurt you, Keigo." He murmured gently.

Hearing this, Hawks relaxed slightly, but his eyes were still fixed on Dabi. Waiting for any sudden movement.

Dabi just sighed and sat down in front of him. Hawks could feel his heartbeat quicken, the past few years had mad him alert for any dangers. Not that he could do anything about it. The pain he had to endure, it was nothing compared to when Dabi had rejected him. Now he couldn't feel anything. Just bottle after bottle of of his emotions, which were hidden from his peers. No one could understand what the world did to him.

If Hawks could be granted one wish, he would wish that he didn't exist. What was the point of making others happy when he couldn't feel the same? All those nights, was spent drinking his sorrows away. Was it just for everyone else? Why did he have to sacrifice everything for people he didn't even know?

But Hawks just had to be so naive, and for that, he would never forgive himself. He didn't deserve anything, so why did he still want someone to return the same care and kindness he had shown to others? Hawks hugged his knees and closed his eyes. A little bit of sleep sounded good.

Sooooooo.....I'm alive

Current status: Mentally preparing for torture in science class

Next chapter is gonna be a little bit of insight of the huge time skip and some snippets of their backstory -w-