Officially Bae

"NICKIIIII!" I heard Austin yell and rolled my eyes.

"NICKI--"

"What?!" I yelled.

"NICKIIIIIIII!!!!" he yelled again and I kissed my teeth as put the top of nail polish into the bottle and closed it a little.

"COME HERE LET ME ASK YOU SOMETHING!!!" he said and got off the bed. I carefully got off my bed and walked on my heels to Austin's door. I got in the room and he was bent over with nail clippers cutting his toe nails. He had the house phone in between his shoulder and cheeks and was finishing off what he was saying.

"Yeah, yeah, hold up my sister here let me ask her." he turned my way while clipping off the next toe nail and I stood by his door waiting.

"Nicki you think a girl and a boy could be just friends?" he asked and my mind went back to the kiss me and Zion had. 

"Umm, yeah a girl and a boy could be friends it happens all the time." I said  lowly still kinda depressed from being put off the track team.

"What about best friends?" he said and I shrugged. 

"Yeah, like I said it happens all the time." I said and he made a face as the girl he was talking to on the phone laughed.

"Ha! Told you!" she said and Austin smiled shaking his head.

"Fine I guess boys and girls can be friends, they might fuck from time to time but hey, nothing's perfect." he shrugged and the girl laughed. My mind went to me and Zion and I kinda stuck around to hear the conversation.

"Yeah but boy and girl best friends ALWAYS fall in love."

"Not really." Austin said bluntly. 

"Its true, if you saying that then you obviouly don't have a girl bestfriend." she said and I just left the conversation after that. I went back into my room and sat on my bed and saw my big toe was messed up in the corner.

"Fuck." I said clenching my jaw and getting nail polish remover to start that toe over. My phone vibrated and I saw that it was Zion. 

"Hello?" I said as I put my phone in between my shoulder and ear and heard crying. 

"Zion?" I asked and still heard the crying. 

"Zion you better not be playing with me." I said shaking my head smiling but a bad feeling started to spread through me.

"Zion?" I said in a softer voice and my chest got heavy as I heard him cry like never before. 

"Nicki." he said in a cracked voice and I almost shed tears. 

"Wh-what happened Zion? Talk to me." I said as I almost started crying too.

"My brother, Karanji." he sniffed. "He got into a fight and he got shot." he said and coughed twice. "He got shot and he's in a coma right now." he finished and cried hard again. I started feeling horrible. I have no way to make Zion feel better. 

"Where are you now?" I asked and he sniffed.

"Home."

"Okay im coming now okay? Don't move don't do nothing crazy." I said as I decided to just steal Travis' car if he won't take me. 

"No, don't go, stay on the phone with me." he pleaded and I stuck my bottom lip out.

"Okay, im coming." I said and forgot about my toes and put sandals on. I decided that my purple tank top and grey sweats were decent enough to go outside in and took a jacket since its a little cold out.