Snitches

Zion's P.O.V

I sat next to my brother with Nicki right beside me holding my hand. I leaned back on the chair with my fist by my mouth I was watched my brother slowly breathe. Nicki didn't say anything, just squeezed my hand once in a while to let me know that she was here.  

"Why did this happen?" I mumbled and sniffed and she didn't say anything. "Yeah he did bad things, but he never hurt nobody......" I said trailing off. "He always avoids shit like this man, this wasn't supposed to happen." 

"He was just at the wrong place at the wrong time. But look tho, Karanji made it didn't he?" she said softly and I shook my head. 

"No....not yet." 

"Yet...but he will." she said and I looked at her.

"How you know?" I asked and she shrugged. 

"To be honest....I don't. But it doesn't mean I can't have hope." I looked at her and then back at my brother and breathed out. 

"You right." I said and grabbed my brother's hand. I watched him breathe letting that calm me down. At least he has a chance to make it.

***

I got home and saw Leticia by the couch eating.

"You saved me some?" I asked and she rolled her eyes. 

"Microwave." she said with a mouthful of food and mumbled something else after. I went into the kitchen and got my plate and sat down on the island. 

I slowly ate my food as I thought about Karanji and somehow my thoughts always wandered off to Nicki. 

She helped me so much ever since I found out last week about my brother. She not like all the other girls, that probably would've helped me for only a little and make up some excuse to leave me. She came home everyday after school with me until her mom cusses her out to come home. And she still stays just a little longer to make sure everything is alright. 

No one ever showed or gave me that much attention. She actually cares. I got to pay her back somehow......

I took my phone out and texted her.

Hey. Almost instantly I got a text back. 

Hey.

What's ur favorite candy... I waited a few minutes and finally she texted back. 

You my best friend, you should know that its skittles. 

Ik but you dont just like skittles, just tell me 

kit kat, sour gummy worms, skittles, starbursts, gummy bears....

"Damn." I said and didn't even get a chance to put my phone down before she texted again.

And fun dip! But why you asking? I smiled and put my phone down. 

Nicki P.O.V 

"Soooo he not go text back?" I said and Nyla laughed. 

"Bae problems."

"Chill that's just my best friend." I said lying straight through my teeth. Nyla gave me a look and shook her head. 

"Yeah okay." she said sarcastically and I laughed. 

"Whatever." 

"Im just saying, you know how many people asked me what's going on between the two of you?" Nyla said and I shrugged.

"Tell them that its none of they damn business." I said and she nodded.

"Anyways, my AP called me in today and guess what for?"