Untitled Part 33

The finals for track is today and im going with Nyla to support her. It sucks that I can't be there with her to run, but I guess it gives me more practice for next year. 

"Nicki you good?" she asked as I put my phone in my pocket and shrugged. 

"Yeah of course." I said lowly and shrugged. 

"Nicki." she said sitting down on my bed and I looked at her.

"What?" I said and she sighed. 

"Be real do you really want to go? Because all this dragging yourself around here with your shoulders hanging low not working for me." she said annoyed and I rolled my eyes. 

"Now is not the time for you to give me a talk Nyla." 

"Well, then fix your face because I don't like your attitude right now. Im your bestfriend. You think I like seeing you like this?" 

I shrugged. 

She got up and walked halfway out the door. 

"Listen, when you ready to fix yourself and get over the fact you not in this year, then come down stairs and let's go. Im not about to have you acting over dramatic and have everyone concerned for no reason. Maybe it wasn't meant to be for you to be in this year. So you know what that means? More room for improvement. So blow away that thunderstorm over your head thats making you so mad, put a fucking smile on your face and come support me and our team and show coach that even though you not competing this year you still there for us." she said and walked out the room closing the door behind her. I heard her talking to someone and then the door opened again. 

"You okay?" he asked and I shook my head.

"I still can't believe coach kicked me off the team. Im supposed to be on my way with Nyla to race with her. So we both could come back home with medals and a trophy. That's what we promised each other before we started track."

"Nicki you seriously can't hold this against yourself like this. Im sure Nyla said everything  I could possibly say..." he said trailing off and he walked up to me reaching for my hand.

"So come on, cause you know you want to go." he said smiling and I held back mine.

The door busted open and Austin came in.

"Umm, yall ready to go?" he said looking between the both of us. 

"Yeah." I said and picked up my hand bag and put it over my shoulders. I walked passed Austin with Zion following behind me.

"Did you touch my sister?" I heard Austin whisper and Zion laughed. 

"No, chill bruh." 

"Mhm." he said and bumped passed me. I pushed him and he almost fell down the stairs.

"Bruh you almost killed me!"

"But did you die?" I said and and Zion laughed. Austin shook his head and walked down the stairs.

"Rude, but aye, I CALL SHOTGUN!!!!" I heard him yell and Travis with a half eaten sandwich ran out the door trying to catch that seat, especially me. It was already too late because Nyla was already at the door laughing. 

"Haaaa! Yall thought! Where's mama?" Nyla said looking around for her and Travis picked her up and moved her out the way. Austin pushed them both and claimed the door right when mama walked out. We all riding in her car since Travis didn't feel like driving. 

"So I guess me and Nicki riding in my car?" Zion said and Austin turned around. 

"Actually since you brought it up--" Austin started but my mom cut him off.