I Wish ~ 5

Hey!

Not a very interesting chapter this time, sorry guys :)

But please still comment/vote/fan! It makes my day!!

Enjoy!

                                             ************************************************************

Chapter 5 - Friendly Smiles

I tapped my pen against my book impatiently, waiting for Harriet to finish her test was really annoying me. I guess I could always leave and go home but that would be mean to Harriet who would always wait for me.

"I'm done!" She said happily as she walked towards me.

"So we can go now?"

She nodded and I picked up my bag ad we walked together. We were heading down to the pool for a swim. It had been years since I went swimming and I could really use some exercise.

"Do you think it's weird that both Lissa and Sally were away on the same day?"

"Yes," I admitted. Sally hardly ever missed a day of school and it was more than a coincidence that Lissa wasn't there either. I had a feeling like they are abandoning Harriet and me again. But we had spent a whole week together.

"And do you know what's even weirder. Jenny came up to me today saying something about how Sally was a freak and did all this weird stuff. I told her to shut up and stop saying things about my friends."

"We're over reacting," I said patting her arm.

We walked down to the pool and changed into our swimmers then dived in at the deep end. The water was a little chilly but after a while it warmed up.

I floated on my back and looked up and the wispy clouds move around. "Stop daydreaming!" Harriet said and then splashed me getting water in my eyes. I ducked under then came up and splashed her back. It could have gone on for hours but we were too mature for that.

We got out and got some snacks from the canteen; Harriet bought two mini pizzas and finished them off in less than a minute.

We went and lay on the grass surrounding the pool then sun shone through the clouds and I soaked up, wishing I would get a tan but knew it would never happen. I was like the only Australian who had skin as white as paper, it annoyed me a bit but at least I was different.

We started talking about Harriet's maths test she had just done at school before we left when she abruptly stopped talking. I looked over at her; and I shocked by what I saw. Her eyes had rolled back into her head and terror and pain was written all over her face.

I sat up and looked at her, she was getting worse, I had a strange feeling like this was one of her twisted jokes but then realised she would have given up by now. "Stop it Harri!" I exclaimed in a whisper.

She bolted up right and looked me in the eye and smiled. "Just joking, I scared you good."

I smiled back, but didn't completely believe her. I couldn't trust people these days, there were too many secrets hidden behind those friendly smiles.