I Wish ~ 21

Chapter 21 - Almost Gone

I didn't see a white light and wake up in the world of the dead high above in the clouds.

All I felt was pain.

Would my bones have to break and the lights turn off or would I have to wait to the end of time before I died?

There were voices, but I didn't want to hear what they were staying, I just wanted to let the pain go. I should be dead, I said to myself over and over again.

"Stay with us."

But I didn’t want to, everyone was a safe, my job on this world was done, why couldn’t I have peace now? A bright light shinned into my eyes, and a stone hard grip forced my arms to my side. Pain shot up my arms, and down my spine. The blood running through my veins burnt me from the insides.

"Stay with us."

The voices kept repeating themselves over again, every time it became more like a plead; a wish. But every time,I think my heartbeat grew a little bit stronger, although the pain got worse and my thoughts became more muddled,I felt a little stronger.

Then the feeling of a cool autumn breeze swept over me, it was refreshing and for a tiny second I felt normal. My head cleared up and I could now start to realise what was happening around me. My eyes fluttered open, adjusting to the light and then focussed in on the face leaning over me.

Like three guardian angels, there were Lissa, Harriet and Sally. I tried to smile, not sure if I succeeded, I think I did because they gave each other a knowing look.

But them my vision blurred and how ever hard I tried I couldn’t keep my eyes open. I wasn’t in control of my body, and just the thought of that scared me.

I was glad they were safe, but would that always be the case. Was Sam dead? If not, would he come back to get my friends. I could never be sure. Maybe there were worse monsters out there, just waiting, hiding in the shadows. Then realisation that people might be in danger hit me, and from that moment onwards I started fighting for the air in my lungs.

I tried to block out all the pain, force my body to heal, get my heart bet into a rhythm,steadymy breathing; refilling mybody with vital oxygen.

Then my bodystarted heating up; my face was burning, my shoulder felt like it was on fire. It must have been were the bullet wound was. I don’t know how I made it this far, but I had been given a second chance, and I had to take it. I was being sulfish, how could I give up on my friends?

“Stay with us.”

I noticed it was Harriet voice, and then it struck me; she must be using her powers. To heal me, but how much she could do, and it wasn’t like she was in the best conditions.

The car jerked and my body started to shake, the reason unknown. I didn’t know much about anything anymore, I had been tricked and lied to so many times I didn’t know who to trust.

Stay here Kiley, stay with your friends.

“We’re almost there,” I heard James call out.

Sally leaned down and put her palm on my forehead while saying, “Kiley, stay strong, it’s going to be okay.”

I tried to believe her, but I was still so scared. Scared of dying, or maybe what came after that. Someone held my hand; I squeezed as tightly as I could, the blood draining from my hand.

I had to make a choice, wether I wanted to stay on not. It seemed as simple as that. If I give in and let the pain take over my body, then I have lost. But if I fight, with everything I’ve got and give it my best, then I’ve done the equivalent to winning, even if I still don't make it