I Wish ~ 13

Chapter 13 - Jealousy

"What!"

"You heard me. I can't read his mind," Sally said plonking herself down on the concrete. I paced up and down, with my mouth still hanging open.

"So, like, nothing? Nothing at all? You sure it's just him?"

Sally groaned at my constant questions, she lifted her hands and started rubbing her temples. "It annoys me so much, I want to know so badly what he's thinking," she sighed and closed her eyes.

"Yeah, me too. Ever since I first saw him, there's this thing in the back of my head saying, bad news!" As I finished my sentence he walked passed with Lissa. His gaze never left her, for the first time for a long time I felt intimidated, by both of them.

She was glowing, like literally, her smile seemed to be brighter than the sun, I gave a weak smile as her eyes caught mine. As soon as they were out of earshot I yelled, "She needs to watch her back!"

"And you need to calm down, someone might mistake you for being jealous," Harriet joked walking up to us. I rolled my eyes and sat down next to Sally.

"You should be more concerned about what you’re going to wear to the social," Harriet said.

"I'm not jealous, and I'm not going to the social." Harriet ignored me and continued talking to Sally.

"She’s jealous and she definitely is going to the social."

"Yep, absolutely jealous and is going to get ready for the social at my place, just so I can make sure she’s look great," Sally said still ignoring me.

"Better yet, she so has a crush on James, and we'll get ready at my place cause it’s only a five minute walk from the hall."

"Shut up! I'm right here!"

They both burst out laughing and both placed an arm around my shoulder. "We were only joking Kiley!" Harriet said while she patted me on head.

That night I planned out my costume for the social that was less than two weeks away. I lay down my tattered red and black skirt along with my bright red stocking and knee high boots. “Almost perfect, I just need a top," I whispered to myself.

I'd been doing that a lot more lately, talking to myself. I think having no siblings and having so much to say and no on to talk to was taking its toll on me.

I walked out of my room and went to the kitchen. I opened the two fridges we had, and then I checked the cupboards. I had this sudden erg to eat, but as usual there's was no food in the house.

I only hoped it wasn't because I was feeling down because I was jealous. When someone keeps aging something it changed you mind, so now I think that I actually have a crush on James. Which was wrong! He's not what he seems, deep down I know it.

"Kiley come here!" My mother yelled from outside. I walked out the front door and searched around for her.

"Mum?"

I walked around the side of the house and saw her cutting wood. "Help us out, please?" I rolled my eyes and turned around to walk back inside.

"Kiley!"

I stopped and looked back at her. My green eyes caught her hazel brown ones, "I'm busy," she didn't say any more, my power to use what seemed a lot like compulsion worked.

I didn't completely know how it worked; I knew it was easier on normal humans than my supernatural friends. But I didn't know if I was strong enough to make someone do suicide, not that I would every want someone to do that.

I knew almost nothing about my supernatural powers. The same with Harriet, Lissa and Sally, we we're only just beginning to figure it out.

****************************************

AUTHORS NOTE:

Okay so 13th chapter, not much has been happening not really any new characters but the from now it will get very interesting and fast paced!

Thank you to the people who read, it is very much appreciated.

So please comment/vote/fan it would mean the world to me.

And if you prove that you are a fan of this story I'll even dedicate a chapter to you :)