I Wish ~ 4

Hey!

'The weirdness had continued..' first line says it all! 

Hope your liking this story, I have big plans for it!!

Please Vote/cComment/Fan, it's much appreciated :)

Enjoy!

************************************************************

 Chapter 4 - Alliances

The weirdness has continued. Sally and Lissa are always spending time together during school without their other friends. And then when I go looking for then they are nowhere to be seen.

So Harriet and I spend all our time together now, and somehow I seem to know her lots better. I still haven't mentioned the bird thing to her. She still thinks it's dead but had been moved somewhere.

I can't explain what I saw, but I know it's not normal.

I had art class next which was the only class I spent with Sally and none of my other friends. Maybe this was my chance to ask her what the hell was happening.

"Hey Sally, I don't want to seem a bit nosy but. Why do you never hang out with Harriet and me anymore?"

"Extra curriculum."

How dumb did she think I was? There was no way the teachers were giving her that much work.

"Well, when's the next sleep over. It's been ages and we really need one of those girls nights," I asked her. She looked down at her work book. I gave a little cough, she didn't notice me. "Sally!"

"I've got some stuff on, sorry can't."

I got back to my work. After a few minutes she seemed to go tense and I watched her out of the corner of my eye. Her eyes had gone blank and so was her face I couldn't tell what was going on. Her pen lying next to her hand started to shake and I reached out and picked it up. It still shook in my hand.

I opened my palm and it feel onto the table with a clutter and I got a couple stars from the other students.

"Sally," I whispered. She looked over at me with an angry look. I couldn't think of something to say so I picked up her pen and said, "Can I use this for a sec."

"Yeah, sure."

Her body wasn't tense anymore and the look of determination which was always on her face in class was back.

I didn't talk to her for the rest of the lesson and walked out of the room without waiting for her.

"Who the hell do you think you are?" I heard Meredith's arrogant voice before I saw her face.

As I walked around the corner I saw Harriet standing next to a girl named Meredith's, she was so popular, mean and was a big slut, apparently.

"Leave me alone," Harriet said back.

"Then don't go spreading rumours about me."

"I...di...dn't..," I cut Harriet off and stood in front of her facing Meredith.

"So what if she did, it was probably true," I blurted out.

Meredith rolled her eyes and took a step back. "Oh look at this you got this girl to step in for you," she said talking to Harriet behind me.

I looked Meredith in the eye and said, "Back off!"

She didn't move and continued looking at me then turned on her heels and walked away. I couldn't believe it; she left without a last word.

I turned my focus back to Harriet who looked as shocked as me. "What rumour did you spread about her?"

"Kiley, I didn't," she said. I gave her a smile and walked down the steps toward the home building.

"Hey guys what was that about?" Lissa said grabbing hold of Harriet's arm and walking with us.

"Decided to talk to us again," Harriet said under her breath so only I could hear it.

"Nothing just some bitch," I answered.

She kept walking with us and Sally came up on my side. I smiled, maybe this was their way of saying we are your best friends again.

That lunch we all sat together and I felt better. Lissa and I started laughing about random things as normal. And we were getting along better than ever.

************************************************************

What did you think?

Did you like the old version better?