Execution (3)

Jake woke up the next day, and realized it was 8am. Groaning, he walked out of his room. Why did he wake up so early? He had so much more time, now that he was going to ride a bike most of the way there. Nevertheless, Jake went to wash up and ate his breakfast.

He thought: If i was transferred, what would i do? The first slives were implanted roughly 10 generations ago, and each slife had a updating capabity, modding and transforming to match the person in which it is in.

The slife would multiply into the offspring, and through many generations, a specific slife's quantity would increase. Just finding a person with the same slife as him would not mean, for sure, that he would be the parent of Jake.

Jake went back to his computer. He got to the CTS site, once again, to find which few people had which few slifes. The site only showed Jake's parents' slife, and not his. They would update his when he had a child.

However, instead of getting instant access, he found that the system loophole was fixed. Jake dashed out of his room, and sprinted towards the main door. The time was ticking. If the site was fixed, it would mean that the breach was discovered, and soon, they would increase security at the Great Hall.

Jake sped off on his bike. He felt a stinging in his right feet. With all of his attention on the road, he couldn't, for the life of him, figure put what was hurting his leg. He couldn't stop, either.

Jake decided to ignore it. However, with every push of the pedal, the pain grew more and more unbearable. He had to push on. Stopping now would allow more time for the
Authorities to pass down the message to the guards at the Hall.

He finally reached the 3/4 mark. He got out of he bike and started brisk-walking towards the Great Hall. Jake did not want to be winded once he reached the Great Hall. Guards may suspect something, and he could be too tired to concentrate on his plan, and thus mess up.

He couldn't take the pain in his foot any longer. He flicked off his shoe and saw that the 'L' shaped plastic rod had pierced into his sole, causing him to bleed slowly from the cut. He then remembered that he had prepared the rod the day before, but didn't get around to take it out after he came back.

Jake pulled out a plastic bottle from the bottle holder in the bike and poured some water onto the wound. He kept a bottle on the bike at all times in case something like this happens, if he fell down while riding his bike.

Slipping his foot back into the shoe, and the plastic rod into his pocket, Jake locked the bike into a bike port, and continued brisk-walking, trying not to apply too much pressure on his injured foot.

After walking for about 15 minutes, he finally got to the Great Hall, and went to queue to get in. When queuing, he retrieved the plastic rod from his pocket, and placed it back in his shoe. This time, making sure that the rod wouldn't drop to the bottom to hurt his foot again. As he neared the end of the line, he felt a sense of something he could not explain, as if he enjoyed what he was doing.