Warehouse 37

This chapter has some things some might feel hard to understand. I've added a link to help you if you're stuck.
---------------------------

Jake woke up at noon the next day. Eating his breakfast, he typed in the co-ordinates of the warehouse.

Immediately, the screen showed: Restricted information.

Sighing, Jake typed again: Warehouse 41.

Surprisingly, the screen showed the exact location, street name, and block number of the warehouse. The community is separated into 500 blocks, for easy location. Jake lifted his eyebrows.

"Seriously?"

He transferred the information into his phone, and with a click of a button, his phone displayed a route to get to Warehouse 41.

Jake mounted his bike, and pedaled off. However, after cycling for a pathetic minute, Jake heard a snap.

He slowed to a halt, and looking down at his bike, had just realized that one of the spokes had snapped. Each spoke was essential to supporting the wheel, and now, without a spoke, the bike would be useless.

Pushing the bike back to his house, Jake sighed, as he looked up at the protective dome above him. The dome was constructed out of the strongest material known to the community: Graphene. Jake began to wonder how they got the dome up there, and when.

The middle of the dome was held up by 3 support beams much like in those of Cantilever spar cable-stayed bridges, when the beams lean back, away from the center with a wire extending from the middle of the dome to the end of the leaning beam.

Reference: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cantilever_spar_cable-stayed_bridge

It looked really unstable to Jake. If one wire fails, the other 2 beams will pull the entire building to its side.

Once back home, Jake lay down his bike, and set off on foot. He started brisk-walking. He had to get to his mother. Quick.