Jake's Family

"Jake! Dinner time!"

Jake hated dinner. He would have to interact, something he loathed. Every evening, Jake's family would sit at their dinner table for dinner. What was so terrible was that everyone needed to talk about a topic, and have a 5 minute discussion about that, as a way to promote global awareness, and to unite the family, both of which Jake depised.

"Coming..."

The only thing Jake hated the least about dinner was the food. The Smiths lived in a 3 level mansion, 2 floors and and a basement, and were filthy rich. As such, the food they ate were prepared by a world-renowned chef, serving up plates and plates of scrumptious food for the 3.

Today was no exception. As he reached the dinner table, he was greeted by rows and rows of food, causing his stomach to rumble. He sat down and began gobbling down the food.

"Jake! Mind your manners! Do you not see how you're eating? You are the equivalent of a pig!"

Another thing Jake hated. His parents. They were like pests, annoying and picking at you at the worst possible times. He found himself so distant from his parents... So different. But he ignored that, thinking it's like some weird genetic failure or something. No, not because of the parents' annoying nature, but it was something else, as if he had a different slife.

Everybody in the community had a slife. It recorded the habits and tendencies of a person, and it passes down from generation to generation, making people of he same family tree act roughly the same.

Talking about the slife is very dangerous. It is regarded as a unquestionable fact, and reckless mentioning of it may result one to go to storage, where the offender goes into a steel box with little to no interaction to the outside world, where he will stay for a maximum of 3 weeks.

Going to storage is to recondition the offender, showing them the consequences of their action.

Jake barely scrapes through family sharing time, and rushed back to his room.

He searched on the internet about he difference in slife of his parents and his.

"A slife change may be due to an accident when young, when the organic slife chip is near the surface. It is possible that it changes a little information, however, damage is capped at 2 out of 5,600 traits." He read out loud.

He thought about his slife, and the information he found online, and decided that there had to be more behind just a little slife faliure.