✩ chapter 14 | hold me. ✩

^^ 𝐤𝐚𝐭𝐲 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐲 - 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲 (𝐬𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐝 + 𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐛) *peep in another life 😖

— chapter 14 —

hold me.

"did y/n ever tell you how serious her cancer was?"

at the voice of his girlfriends mother akaashi's eyes perked up averting from y/n who was sleeping soundly to the lady across from him.

the two now sat in the girls room waiting for her to wait up. akaashi was now changed into a new outfit the hospital had lended a hot drink in his hands.

"she hasn't told me much as she hates talking about it," he let out a small sigh as he glanced at the girl. "she's only told me that she was in stage 2 lung cancer."

at the setters words her eyes had widened in shock to which did not go unnoticed to keiji as waited for the women to continue.

"really, she said that?" was what she had said turning to her daughter a look of anger almost gleaming in her eyes.

"keiji— when the doctors figured out she had cancer she was already in the fourth stage," were the words that caused the boys body to instantly stiffen.

"s-stage 4," he stuttered his hands beginning to tremble slightly as his once calm aura that he had just gotten back only broke once again.

she had been lying to him the entire time?

~

after the day y/n had been admitted into the hospital with how serious her sickness had gotten the doctors had decided to keep her there as it would be easier to treat her if ever in need.

as for the news keiji had discovered from her mother he had decided to only keep his new discovery quiet to his girlfriend as he didn't want her to worry her in any sense.

although it broke his heart that she had lied to him, he knew that y/n was always a selfless person and always put others before her not wanting those to feel pity towards her.

so forth, the boy had gone to visit her everyday after school. even after his volleyball practices akaashi would rush to her as he couldn't wait to be in the girls warm embrace.

this routine had gone for over a month. wake up, go to school, attend pratice, visit his girlfriend, go home to do work and such before goign to sleep to which he had rarely gotten with his lingering thoughts on the girl.

halfway through this routine akaashi had decided to a little gesture buying y/n her favourite ongri to brighten up her day, to which had worked as her lips always curved into a huge smile.

but he knew that behind the bright smile hid one that was slowly crumbling on the inside. but keiji didn't want to push her for answers, he just wanted to keep a happy aura for her as she wanted to the do the same.

"how is she?" bokuto had asked as him, kaori and akaashi were walking down the streets in the direction of the hospital together.

the two friends would visit y/n every so often of course not as often as keiji but the setter knew that it always brought a light to y/n's day just happy from such a little action.

"could be better, could be worse. she just has been keeping the same happy aura all the time it almost breaks my heart that she hasn't broken down yet," akaashi truthfully admitted letting out a small sigh.