a/n. would be nice if u read :)

written: jan 12, 2021

okay soo i know that this is a very delayed authors note but i initially had one i was going to post but never got around to it.

but first off i just want to thank everyone who read this book as this is personally my favourite out of all i've written. i never in my life have written an angsty sort of fic but i'm glad i did because it got me to test myself and somewhat relate akaashi's emotions to my own.

this book wasn't just meaningless in the sense that it didn't have any personal meaning to my own life. i'm usually not one to open up but when i was 7 i had gone through the experience of seeing someone i deeply cared for die.

relating back to y/n my father had also gone through the experience of cancer and hadn't had much time left as they had discovered it as he was in the fourth stage. of course being very young i hadn't known much of what was happening so didn't really know how to grasp such information. anyways i don't want to say that i took our time together for granted but i just wished that i had cherished it more.

at the same time i was only a 7 year old child who hadn't really been able to take in what was happening to him just until his finally month with us. but after everything i am grateful for all the times and memories we shared and will cherish them forever. so i just wanted to say that even if you're not the emotional type don't be afraid to go up to someone you care for and give them a hug or tell them that you're glad that they're in your life. ❤️

so i just hope anyone who read this book got some sort of a meaningful message out of it which i would say is to cherish the ones you love as you never know when life may hit you with an unexpected turn.

okie that's rlly all i wanted to say! it's pretty nice to get this out as it may get a bit of a perspective of how i got to write a book like so.

you can say that it's because the experiences akaashi and y/n had gone through were ones i wish i was able to have with my father.

anyways thank u so much once again for reading this book! love u <3

- nisha