Chapter 36 Truth

Karanveer's POV

"Back in those days, your grandfather made Vikram the largest shareholder as he designed all the security for the palaces and the hotels."

I nodded in understanding on what dad was saying and clutched Naina close, as she was still trembling in shock.

Dad saw Naina and gave her a  weak  smile.

"Your father was a nice man Naina...he was so good friend of me and treated Anika as his own sister. But then the big question arose, who would be the next heir."

He saw mother to continue the rest.

"To claim CEO position, you need to get your shares and promise of shares from other holders. Vikram had faith in your dad, so he voted for him and all the other members were with us.... which caused much dismay to Gagan."

She took a long breath and started again.

"As I was the co- holder that time, Gagan started to threaten me, said if I won't leave Abhiman, he would kill you. First I ignored him, but when I he did it regularly, I told everything to Vikram as I couldn't compromise yours and your father's security. "

She lowered her eyes as it started to get wet. Mom got her back and pacified her.

"And Gagan killed him."

It shocked me at first that uncle could do these type of things, but how is dad so sure?

Naina grabbed my hand tightly when heard the last part.

"I couldn't prove it as he erased all the evidence and CCTV, technology was in a few hands that time. But my father, your grandfather got to know it, so Gagan slowly poisoned him and a week later he died with a heart attack."

Now dad also started crying when reminisce of grandpa.

"Autopsy proved it the age factor and I got scared watching his horrifying act, so I had to leave, to protect you both."

Mother said pleading from her eyes for forgiveness, but my eyes started to water seeing hers.

She gulped and continued.

"But I came back an year later to search you...but I couldn't find you."

"Because I went to London for studies."

I feel guilty now...she came back but I wasn't there, it's my fault too.

All these years I thought she is the culprit, but Gagan uncle destroyed his own brother's life...how could someone stoop so low?

Mom looked at me to hear her.

"And when you came back to India, Abhiman and me found Anika...that's why we use to spent months in New York to convince her to come back and give Gagan the punishment he deserves for his crime."

I wiped my tears and looked at Naina who was in deep thoughts. I shook her lightly to bring her back to reality.

"But how did you find out that I'm his daughter and he had a son...why did my mother ended up with Pradeep?"

I didn't think of it... that's a relevant curiosity.

"The last thing I remember, Vikram was going to propose his girlfriend before he died. When you first came in our house me and Meeta started to gather your information as you hacked in, no one could destroy his built system but you did...we got to know you're his daughter, but even I don't know why your mother ended up with your so called father."

Dad concluded but again a last mystery is left to unrevealed...who is Naina's brother now.

"Who is her brother dad? You told Vikram uncle hasd two children."

He gave me knowing smile but the next thing gave me a surprise.

"It's none other than Deepak."

"What!"

How did is happen? Deepak, my brother in law!

Naina was startled as me, but I think I really screwed up with him badly....last year he dissolved his shares and left the company. And Nakul got hold of his shares.

Fuck...this one is my mess.

"Does he know that dad?" Naina asked with hope in her voice.

"No he doesn't...in fact Karan would tell you what he had done with him."

He glared at me and Naina saw me anxiously.

"What did you do with him?"

She was desperate for the answer but I can't tell her this right now. She'll kill me if I tell her.

"Dad you didn't tell the real answer, why did you keep us apart?"

I changed the topic and he give me an apologetic look.

"If I didn't do that, they would've done the same as Anika to Naina. Veer is so small, I can't see him the way you were at his age....so when we saved Naina, we made her live with Anika in New York, as no one would suspect both of them. And call Naina on your 30th bday back so that you could claim the position."

I was thinking that what dad did, was irrelevant...if he could revel all this earlier, we could've fought back. But thinking of Veer, made me understand what it is to be father...a protector. He can't suffer like the way I did...he's so tiny and he's my heart.

Naina gave him a smile ensuring what he did was correct, but still he wants me to claim the company?

Being a CEO is far more important than being a good father and husband for him?

"Still you want me to claim the position after all this? Why such ambition dad?"

I gave him a death glare but he eyed me confidently.

"Think again what you became without Naina...think of Veer like you were when Anika left. Do you want to live a life like that, your son should suffer like that? Your answer would be no. This hotel group belongs to not only Vikram but I see you as the worthy heir of it. And if that Nakul is going to repeat the history... I'll do anything to secure what belongs to you both and now Veer also. That would be my revenge for my father on both them."

I understood what he said...not as his son but as a father.

It's takes a hell lot of courage to become one. And whatever mine did was right for my son's future. It's a father's job to show their children the right path...but what Gagan uncle is doing with Nakul is not right.

This time tables have turned... everything is crystal clear.

That both deserve the punishment.

"Karan..."

Her voice got me back to reality. I wiped her tears and asked her what she wants to say.

"I need to go somewhere."

"Where Naina?"

"To my mother...it's time for her to give me my answers."

______________________________________

The mystery is revealed!! Maybe most of you figured it out.

Now Naina is going to her mother...what would Pradeep would do watching her alive?

What's your own theory?

Do comment and tell.
Vote if you like the chapter ⭐.

Suggestions, criticism, reviews and request open.🤗

Stay tuned ♥️.