Chapter 32 Not Her Anymore

Karanveer's POV

Pain...what does it seems like?

Glass pierced in your whole body and an 8 hour long operation taking them out then the pain in healing it.

Or loosing your own child without meeting them and your love leaving you behind to live the left out miserable life on your own?

Well it was complex in the start but now it's my daily routine. My wallet use to have my mother's photograph, but now it's replaced by hers.

That's the only way I survived these last 3 years and now my whole life is left for just mere survival.

Nothing is same...I talk to mom and dad just to know each others whereabouts and health. We all live in the same house but now it seems like we all are strangers.

I was in the closet getting ready for my office. I looked my reflection in the mirror...dark circles forming my eyes with a light beard in my face accompanied by husky hair.

I can't sleep every night without her.

I got to my car and sped of to the office.

I parked my car and got out of it but an idiot collided with me.

"Are you blind or what!" I roared on him which made him flinch.

This is what I like...fear, guilt and shame.

"Sorry.... sir..." And now he is stuttering. Real culprit!

"Your fired! Get the fuck out of my office!"

He ran away weeping. It's normal for me to do this, no one dares to talk to me now...even Deepak.

Well he married Shreya and has a beautiful 2 year old daughter...a whole family, which once I wished.

I got in the building and marched in my cabin. It's a good thing that no one is greeting me now,  why would they? I am nothing.

I sat in my cabin and read some files. 

"How dare you fire that man without my consent Karanveer!"

Nakul entered without my permission making my already aching head worsen more.

Still his stitches are visible on his right side of forehead.

God knows where he banged his useless head.

"I've no time for your shit Nakul." I said him calmly but he huffed more.

"This is no way to treat your new CEO."

"You're not the CEO till yet, so stop boasting and get out."

He clenched his fist and shut the door for his yet again every day shouting session on me.

"Who the hell are you to talk to me like this! You're no one... just powerless and share less! You're just an ordinary employee so act like one and better be in your limits Karan."

"Are you done? I seriously can't handle this headache and you."

He smirked and came closer to my desk.

"Yeah...just like you can't handle your own wife..."

"Nakul!" I grabbed my drinking glass from table and threw on him.

He ducked and I missed, the broken glass shards scattered on the room and he was scared to see me like this. This time he went too far. How dare he wrapped her in all this mess! I'll kill him if said her name with his dirty mouth.

"Get out before I do that we'll both regret later."

I gritted my teeth in anger.

"You already are." He walked away banging my door leaving my old wounds open.

I searched for her but couldn't find her. I didn't want to give up but mom made me, she didn't want to give me false hope that I even once had for my mother.

But she is not coming back from death. She's gone for ever. They both are.

Third person's POV

A lady in her mid fifties walked in the office in the direction of the reception. She marched as she was acquainted with the surroundings before.

Her dull black eyes were shining in hope. Her black hair were tied in a bun which perfectly suited her blue one piece.

Everyone was staring at her, as if she owns the place. But who was she, no one had any idea.

She got attention of one of the receptionist and asked for a meeting.

"I would like to meet Mr Abhiman Sanghi and his son."

She told them in her deep shrill voice.

"What is your name madam?"

She gave a thought for a moment and then spoke.

"Mrs Sanghi."

Receptionist so got confused with her name...who is she? She can't be Meeta Sanghi.

He informed Abhiman and Karan about this sudden meeting. They both were surprised to hear her name.

Even they both thought who is she?

Meeting was scheduled in the guest room so she told was eagerly waiting for them both, clenching a piece of paper in her light wrinkled hands.

If this meeting fails... everything will be lost, she has to gain their trust.

Already a lot has happened in these past years.

The door unlocked reveling Abhiman Sanghi with Karan beside him. But they saw the lady's back.

She can't be Meeta, then who could she be?

"Ma'am, you wanted to meet us."
Abhiman asked her in a curious voice.

She turned around giving Karan a deep chill till his spine.

This can't be true...his mind said.

"Anika?" Abhiman was surprised to see her too but not as much as Karan was.

"Mother..." His voice stuttered in front of the dream he always wanted to come true.

But not like this.

She gave a weak smile and started coming forward slowing with tears forming in her eyes watching his little boy grown up in a handsome man.

"My son..." She forwarded her hand to cup his face but he jerked backwards, not to let her touch his skin.

Her smile faded seeing his reaction, she didn't expected this... after all she did was unexpected.

"I'm not your son anymore!"

His outburst made her disappointed but she understood the situation. Even Abhiman was left speechless watching his son like this.

It's not the family reunion she imagined.

But it's time to do what she's came for. Tell him the truth...one by one.

_____________________________________

3 years later.....

That's a hell of a time! So I know this was a bit boring chapter, but it was needed for what's coming next...🤫🤫🤫🤫

Do comment and tell me how it was.

And a big thank you for your responses on the last chapter. Thank you for not hating me.😍😅.

Vote if you like the chapter ⭐.

Stay tuned ♥️.