Chapter 20: Risky Business

ELIJAH'S POV

ELIJAH'S POV

Klaus' comments were unnecessary, but they were true. Besides, it wasn't a whore. I don't know how I'm going to cover this up, it started out just as friends nothing more, but feelings change. Whenever Jade was away, things started moving romantically. I couldn't control it, the mate bond between me and Jade is still there, but I feel it with her too. I love Jade, but I love her too. I'm engaged to Jade I need to break my other relationship off. "Are you even bloody listening to me?" Klaus said flustered "huh? I'm sorry brother what did you say" I said scratching the back of my neck. Klaus rolled his eyes "I said whatever you're doing isn't going to work, Jade loves you and I thought you loved her" "I do love her Klaus, please don't tell anyone. I just don't know I feel the mate bond with both of them" Klaus shook his head "I don't care bond or not, you should only love one of them, and if you don't tell Jade I will because she doesn't deserve this. How long have you been fucking this other woman? Does she know about you getting married or even that you're in a relationship?" "well about 2 months, I never meant for it to get to this extent and no she doesn't know about Jade."I said desperately "so you mean to tell me that when your fiance, well girlfriend at the time, was away missing you everyday, you were fucking some whore not caring about her!" Klaus was very upset but he had every right to be. Jade is his best friend but I can't help how I feel. 

THIRD PERSON POV 

While all this was going on Harley was listening on her balcony, while she was trying to go tell Jade what she heard, she knocked over Klaus' easel making Elijah and Klaus look at the balcony. Harley tried to hurry but Elijah was faster, vamp speeding to her grabbing her not enough to hurt her. "please don't" Elijah pleaded. Harley gave him the death stare "and why shouldn't I? you whore!" "please don't please be quiet" He was practically begging at this point. "you know Elijah, I thought you were good for her but I was wrong and Damon's right all you're going to do is hurt her!" Elijahs head dropped. "I'm going to bed, but first thing tomorrow I'm telling her now get out of my room" Harley pointed to the door sternly as Klaus watched the scene unfold with his arms crossed. "please" Elijah begged once again "get out Elijah" Harley said tiredly and frustrated. Elijah left the room not even being able to sleep in the same bed as Jade. He made a quick visit to Jade, he kissed her cheek and thought she was so beautiful sleeping. "I'm sorry" was all he simply said before making his way back to his mistress.