Chapter Nine

Wrong

Molly's POV

I smiled through the kiss, breaking away from her and putting my forehead against hers. Genuine love showed in her eyes, she was happy and so was I. I couldn't believe that I was finally married, especially after everything I had gone through since I met Danielle. Though I was feeling guilty for not telling Liz the truth, I knew I didn't want to lose her over Danielle. Liz loved me and I loved her back even more.

The tapping of a wine glass took both our attention and that of everyone. Liz and I turned, not really surprised because people were constantly going upfront to make an announcement or say their wishes to both Liz and I. Danielle stood upfront, unsteady on her feet obviously drunk.

"This whole wedding is a lie," she slurred, "These vows that you spoke, this union doesn't even have a strong foundation. I'll tell you why."

"Uhm somebody please take her away from here," Liz voiced out, sounding unsure whether that's what she wanted or not.

"You want to know the truth Liz," although addressing Liz, she stared right straight at me, "Molly hasn't been fuckin' honest with you. Tell her Molly, go ahead and freakin' tell her what she needs to hear," she snorted, looking away from my horrified expression and continuing to speak, "I'll tell you the bloody truth, I'll get you out of your bloody fuckin' misery."

"Ma'am," one of the ushers intervened, grabbing her arm but she drunkenly slapped the guy's hand and staggered away from him.

"Don't fuckin' touch me!"

"Danielle, don't, please," I finally spoke. All eyes in the room fell on me. My mouth was dry, I was afraid to say anything else because I didn't want to trigger whatever Danielle had up her sleeve.

"I'm sorry Molly but she has to know."

Liz dryly replied, "I have to know what?"

"Danielle," I was almost on the verge of tears. I don't know what gotten into her, earlier she'd also went crazy on me; atleast then she hadn't been drunk. She seemed emotionally detached, like she didn't care about what would happen if she told everyone about us. My life would be ruined, I would be divorced before my marriage even started, Liz would hate me for the rest of her life and not to talk about the evil monster-in-law. If Danielle said anything I would be literally destroyed.

"There's a lot of things Molly hasn't told you Liz," her eyes welled up, "She walks around carrying this baggage and no one is brave enough to claim it. I get that you love her but this woman," she gave me an apologetic short glance, "This woman is so fuckin' inlove with you. She could easily leave you because you don't bloody pay attention to her needs, you put work first and that's some holy crap right there. If I were Molly I wouldn't even marry you."

"Danielle shut up," I tried again but my words fell on deaf ears.

"You want the truth?"

"Doesn't seem like I have much of a choice," Liz answered back.

"You don't know what you have. If you carry on not paying attention someone will fuck Molly right under your nose, love her more than you ever could, snatch her the fuck away from you and that's when you will realise that you should always put your woman first. "

"So this is what the both of you have been doing everytime you're seen around each other. That's what you do, talk about my business."

"See that's where the problem is Liz," Danielle drunkenly took a step towards Liz and I, "This is not just your business. Danielle doesn't tell you this but she would really appreciate it if you considered that both of you are in a relationship, you're not in this alone," she pointed her finger indicating towards us, "No matter how much you say you love her, it won't matter at the end of the day if she's not convinced by your actions. She needs you and tying her to this marriage doesn't mean she won't untangle herself, tread carefully Liz."

"Is there anything you want me to tell me Molly?"

"Liz," I paused, "I don't ---"

"She's afraid to tell you the truth cause losing you would fuck up her world. I think she's stupid, she thinks it's love and you would be bloody foolish if you don't take this chance to fix your mess."

A silence followed, Danielle looked at me and my heart broke. I had grown to know her more than I actually knew Liz and right at that moment without any words shared, I knew what she was dying to say. It was written all over her face. She wanted to tell me she loved me, she needed me, she wanted me to take her hand and walk away with her. It hurt me too, knowing that every word she spoke was the truth I couldn't speak outloud. I felt that this was the end of whatever we had. It's either I made a decision to leave with her or stay with Liz and the stare I gave her told her exactly what I was choosing.

"I'll leave on my own," she whispered loud enough to be heard in the silence surrounding the room. The usher that had again tried to take ahold of her stepped back and let her be. For a moment our eyes stayed glued to each other, it's like memories of our time together played in our heads. It's like everything froze and the world only revolved around the both of us.

Without wanting to in public, stray tears escaped from my eyes and I began to cry. I didn't even have the energy to wipe them off. I knew it, I knew that if she left I would never see her again. Letting go of us when there actually really wasn't an us tore me to pieces. Letting go of love to stay for love was the most confusing feeling I had ever felt, the pain was too much to endure and I couldn't watch her leave so I left first.

My sniffles turned to full sobs as I ran out of the room. The pain was becoming too much for me and so I cried even harder. I cried so much that I couldn't even walk. I knelt down, crouched in the warmth of my wedding gown and emotionally died. Liz didn't follow me, Danielle didn't follow me, no one did. I wasn't aware of what the future held but I was well aware that Danielle wasn't part of my future. That realisation fucked me up and everything felt wrong.