Chapter 17- Adventures Are Exhausting

~Selena~

I'm not gonna lie, I was totally thinking that there was no way I wouldn't get busted.

I mean, I had a raving over-protective lunatic brother in addition to my over-protective dad. Stanton was currently taking his schooling online from home, had no social life, and had just recently dedicated his life to being my personal guard dog. Woof.

So needless to say, when the lamp flickered on the reveal my idiot older brother sitting in a lounge chair, I realized that I shouldn't have been all that surprised.

"And just where the hell have you been?"

I'll admit, I jumped a foot in the air and made a squeaking noise that I'm not proud of.

Stanton crossed his arms over his chest, looking stern and a little bit smug.

I scowled at him. "You're a creep."

His smirk dropped, and he glared at me. "Excuse me? I'll have you know that I-" He was interrupted by a loud snore, and for the first time I noticed that Sam was fast asleep on the sofa, drooling into a couch cushion.

Stanton spastically chucked the pillow he had been leaning against at his sleeping twin, looking extremely annoyed. Sam jolted awake after taking a direct hit to the face, flailing around sporadically until he finally tumbled off of the sofa in an alarmed heap.

Stanton closed his eyes and took a deep breath, making an over exaggerated show of calming himself before he glared at me again. "You haven't answered my original question. Where were you?"

I was trying desperately not to laugh at Sam, who was now sitting up on the floor, rubbing at his head and glaring at Stanton. I turned back to the latter and answered as vaguely as possible. "Out."

Stanton scowled again, and his eye twitched. "Out where?"

I rolled my eyes. "The front yard."

Clearly not appreciating my sarcasm, he jumped up pointed at me accusingly. "Liar! I think I would've noticed if you were just chilling in the front yard all this time!"

I raised an eyebrow. "Stanton, how long have you been sitting here in the dark, waiting for a chance to flick on the light and catch me?"

"Several hours." Sam answered with a yawn and a stretch, in place of his now blushing and spluttering brother.

Bulls-eye.

"W-well it worked, didn't it?!" Stanton attempted to defend himself, but he was still beet red.

"Well that's embarrassing." Sam commented, before getting to his feet and letting out another loud yawn. "Well now that my brotherly obligations of sitting here in the dark all night to surprise my sister are fulfilled, I'm going to bed."

As he walked towards the stairs, Stanton called after him in irritation. "You didn't have to wait for her! You coud've just been a terrible big brother and gone to sleep!"

Sam turned around to look at us from halfway up the stairs, an exasperated expression on his face. "Oh, my brotherly obligations tonight weren't for Selena's sake, my dear twin!"

Stanton's blush darkened and spread to his ears. "I could've done it without you!"

Sam rolled his eyes and continued up the stairs. "Oh please, we both know that you're still scared of the dark. Well, night Sellbells! Goodnight Lesser Twin!"

"W-well thanks for nothing!" Stanton was sputtering in embarrassment, and this time I couldn't contain myself as I burst out laughing.

After I had literally collapsed to floor and let out all of the overflowing laughter at my brother's mortification, (it took quite a while), I finally got to my feet and dusted myself off, still giggling.

"It's not that funny! Now answer my question!" Stanton glared and stomped his foot like a little kid, but he was still as red as a fire hydrant.

I shook my head and made my way to the stairs. There was no way I could take him seriously right now. "Goodnight Lesser Twin!"

I ignored his offended protests as I made my way to my room, before closing the door right in his face and collapsing on my bed, thoroughly exhausted.

Saving my boyfriend and his friends' sorry asses was exhausting.

~

~Conner~

"It's alive!" Jerry cheered dramatically, throwing his hands in the air.

Tom scowled after his brother. "You're exaggerating, I wasn't asleep for that long!"

I patted him sympathetically on the back. "You slept through everything that even remotely mattered." Tom huffed and crossed his arms over his chest, but didn't offer a response immediately.

Lilly and Alex had dropped us off back at the twins' house, where Tom was now fishing out his house key from his pocket to open the front door. "I was awake to witness Jerry sexually harass a priest!"

"Priest-in-training." Jerry corrected for about the seventh time tonight. "Plus, I didn't harass him! I was in a separate box from him, so there's no way I could've even laid a finger on him!"

I rolled my eyes. "Then why'd he run away looking close to tears and hiding an erection?"

Jerry just shrugged. "I was merely confessing my sins to him! Wasn't that what I was supposed to do?" He turned to give me a sly grin and a wink. "But was he a cutie or what?"

Tom and I slapped the back of his head at the same time, and he jumped and let out a surprised yelp.

"J-man, I'm so tired, I don't even wanna question you on your sexuality right now." I commented as Tom opened the door and we stepped inside.

"I've been purposefully not noticing any of his conquests for years now." Tom told me. "Let alone their genders."

I nodded in understanding, ignoring as Jerry followed after us, protesting.

As we made our way to the stairs, Mrs.Carson appeared at the top of the stairs, rubbing at her eyes like a toddler. I was nervous that in her child-like stupor, she would accidentally tumble down the stairs. By the ready stances the twins took on, I could tell they were having similar thoughts.

"Boys?" She let out a yawn. "You're back late. Did you get the groceries?"

"Ummm..." Tom started. "We got the grape honey, but ummm... Jerry threw it out of the window on the way home." He glanced at Jerry meaningfully.

Well, it wasn't a lie.

Their mother sighed and smiled gently at her sons. "Well, don't worry about it too much Jerrbear, these things happen."

To who??

Jerry held his tongue and nodded his head. "Alright Mom, please go back to bed now."

"Okay." She chirped in easy agreement, before turning around and stumbling back down the hall.

Jerry let out a sign and started up the stairs. "Raising parents is exhausting."

Tom and I followed after him, mumbling in agreement.

"Among other things." I added, thinking about out latest adventure and feeling my feet growing heavier with every step. I seriously needed to reconsider my life choices.

~

~~

~~~

~~

~

Done! Tell me what you think!