Chapter 21- Father from the Truth

~Conner~

A few weeks had passed since I had begun to stay at Tom and Jerry's place.

As promised, Selena's mom and my own mother had managed to sneak us out to "Mother-Daughter Yoga" class every few days, so somehow I had managed not to completely lose my mind. Though from what I heard, our father's were still less than pleased about the whole ordeal. It didn't take a genius to figure out that yoga class exclusively for mothers and their daughters was just a front. I mean, especially considering that I was, well, a dude

Luckily though, both husbands' protests were silenced by the fearsome intimidation of their wives. So our little get togethers remained steady for the time being.

I was learning more about marriage each and every day.

Alex and Jerry had continued their parenthood preparation, though honestly speaking they were going at it a little too enthusiastically. (And yes, that dirty innuendo was purposeful. It's funny because they're both retired sluts, which I try to rub in their faces any chance I get.) 

All of the over-shopping, over-planning, and catering to Alex's ever growing pregnancy needs, had made ghostly bags appear under Jerry's eyes. 

I would feel bad, but you know, he was the one who got her pregnant.

School was still boring and uneventful, (yes we still have to go to school). The only thing that seemed to disrupt the insignificant livelihood of 11th graders, was the prolonged absence of Selena, and the new, interesting relationship between Alex and Jerry. 

It's not that they suddenly stopped all arguing, or even remotely began to get along, but now they were almost always found together. In addition to that, Jerry was now catering to the redhead's every whim, whether it be carrying her books (which was a reasonable request), giving her a foot rub in the middle of class (slightly unnerving, but still understandable), or throwing classroom objects at the back of teachers' heads to ensure Alex's entertainment (okay, now Alex was just abusing her power.)

Of course, Alex wasn't showing yet, so everyone was baffled as to why any of this was happening.

The only other bump in this rare stretch of peaceful road in our lives, was that Christmas was today.

Normally I would be all over this holiday like white lint on a black sweater. But right now, I was standing in front of my house, clutching my backpack and praying that I fall into a hole in the ground. 

Every year, my entire family gathers at the Rogers' household to eat yummy food, exchange presents, and generally have a good time. I had been apprehensive about attending, due to the recent rift between myself and my father, but my mom had pleaded with me to at least stay for a few days while we had family in town. 

And so I had left the festive and warm celebration happening at the twins' house on Christmas morning, and Alex had bundled up and given me a ride back to my house, despite Jerry's protests.

Alex got out of the car after a few minutes of me standing there like a snowman. She walked over to my side of the car, and closed the door that I had left open when I had exited the car. I guess she had figured out that I was reluctant to let go of my escape route.

She then stood at my side, and linked her hoodie clad arm with my own. She gave me a reassuring "Let's go, big boy," before she began to lead/drag me to my front door.

When we finally reached my front porch, I half-expected my father to swing open the door and yell at me to leave. Alex squeezed my arm and gave me a sympathetic smile.