Chapter 14- Till the Fat Lady Sings: A Backseat Story

~Conner~

After escaping our imprisonment at the enormously dangerous nightclub/underground-fight-club- run by a gang leader who my friend happened to punch in the face the day before- in the back of a yellow punch buggy, with the help of three teenage girls dressed like playboy bunnies, it pained me to admit that the night got even weirder.

"So let me see if I've got this straight," Jerry said. "Lilly showed up at Selena's house- where Alex also just so happened to be- claiming that Tom was abducted according to her stalkery tracking device, which by the way sounds completely creepy and illegal-"

"It was just a coincidence!" Lilly said defensively from the drivers seat, yanking on the wheel with more force than necessary as she tried to hide the blush on her cheeks. Tom was still dead to the world in the front seat, and had started snoring softly not too long ago.

Jerry ignored her and went on. "-Then the three of you just hopped in a car and drove on over to the super fun, sketchy warehouse, where you snuck in through the back, disguised yourselves as strippers,-" "not strippers, employees!"  "-and then hopped into the fighting ring to put on a 'half-time stripper show', so that we could all escape."

Alex nodded along in confirmation, reviewing the sequence of events in her head. "Yupp, that sounds about right." She turned her head to glance out of the car window. She frowned in thought.

"That has to be the most idiotic thing I've ever heard!" I spoke up, tightening my grip on Selena's waist, who was still comfortably nestled in my lap. "Do you have any idea how dangerous that was? You'd have probably been safer playing water polo in a pool full of sharks!"

"Nice comparison." Selena snorted. "Need I remind you how you ended up abducted by a gang in the first place?"

"Oooh oooh let me!" Alex bounced in her seat enthusiastically, which made me whip my head away when I caught sight of her still in her strapless unitard. Talk about uncomfortable. Selena seemed to notice my reaction, and rewarded me with a quick smile and an even quicker kiss on the cheek.

"Yeah, yeah, I know already!" Jerry rolled his eyes. "I promise never again to hit on a gang leader's girlfriend, then deck the said gang leader in the face. Repeatedly." He concluded with a reluctant sigh. "Then again the two idiots I was with didn't have to join in and start a full blown bar fight."

I reached over to smack the back of his head. "If we hadn't joined in, you'd probably be lying in a ditch right about now."

"Your faith in me is just touching. True friendship, ladies and gentlemen!" Jerry started clapping. "I always knew that your heart was the biggest part of you, C-man."

Alex snorted. "You see, this is why you got an 8% on your last anatomy test." She briefly glanced out the window again.

"Seriously?" Selena asked in disbelief.

"How is that even possible?" Lilly added. "It was multiple choice, so even if you guessed on all of them you would've gotten at least 25%."

Jerry glared at her. "That's because I'm only knowledgeable on the anatomy that matters!"

Alex scoffed, trying to scoot farther away from him. "Have I ever told you that you're disgusting?" She glanced out the window again, frowning.

"Okay seriously," I finally commented. "Why do you keep looking out the window and frowning?"

Alex looked surprised for a moment, before realization lit up on her face. "Oh right, I totally forgot the tell you guys!" She giggled into her hand at her own mistake. "Whoops! All this time and I didn't even mention it!"