Chapter 73: She Has No Boyfriend, Anyways

There’s nothing better than the feeling of heads turning to look at you when you’re walking through a public place. This sort of alternative bar didn’t really have my usual type of guy but attention is attention, and the person I was wanting it from was in my direct eye-line as I walked through the bar towards the back booth where he had turned away from the person he was mid-conversation with when he saw me walk in, now wearing a cocky smirk across his lips which is just too attractive.

Just before I get to the booth he’s at, I veer off and walk straight to the bar. It’s not going to be that easy for him. God.

“Can I buy you a drink?” Some drunk slurs at me as I perch myself on a stool at the bar.  I’m going to need a lot of alcohol if I have to be around drunks.

“It’s okay, I can buy my own drink, I wouldn’t want you to think I owed you something.” I smirk, turning slightly away from him so my body language breaks off any thoughts he might’ve had about the girl sitting alone at the bar. I order a double vodka tonic and unlock my phone to a message from Linda.

Linda: How’s it going?

Me: This is happening. I wish you were here though.

Linda: Sorrrry, if I didn’t have to see my parents you know I would’ve loved to witness your seduction of Matty.

Me: Please, no seduction necessary. You should’ve seen the way he looked at me, I’ve got it in the bag.

Linda: you’re so cocky today, I love it. Go girl.

Me: I will keep you posted.

“Wouldn’t have expected to see you here.” I feel a hot breath on my neck, turning around to see locks of black hair falling on his face.

“Mmm, I’ve heard it’s the place to be tonight.” I smirk, turning around to face him.

“Really? And who did you hear that from?”

“I have my sources.” I take a sip from my straw, spinning it around in the glass.

“Am I correct in thinking you came here looking for me?”

“Nah-uh…never.” I say, fully seriously.

“Well then, must be a coincidence…a very nice coincidence.” He clarifies, his fingers pushing his hair off his face only for it to fall back.

“As far as coincidences go, this one isn’t so bad.” I agree.

“Word on the street is that you’ve swapped pretty boys.”

“I’ve what?” I cringe, scrunching my face up at him.

“You’re with Louis now?”

“Don’t be ridiculous. Do you really think if I was with someone I would be here right now?”

“So, you’re single?”

“It would appear so.”

“Never thought I’d see the day.”

“You don’t have to lie, you knew better than anyone that it wasn’t going to last.”

“Hmm, I’m a bit sad I wasn’t the reason for it.” He smirks.

“You caused enough trouble, don’t worry.”

“Did I just?” He grins, almost too proudly.

“Yeah, so thanks for that.” I say dryly.

“Any time, princess. Come drink with me.” His hand grips around my wrist and I stand up so our faces are aligned and our eyes connect. He smiles shyly and looks away from me, laughing softly.