Chapter 37: I Guess I Missed You

A/N: All times noted in this chapter are London time fyi. Just then when I typed fyi I typed ffs out of habit and that completely changed the tone of the sentence hahaha. I'm sorry I'm a crazy person. Enjoy the chapter. Pls forgive typos/spelling errors.

38 Days

Harry (8:30am): Are you awake? Let me know and I'll give you a call xx

Me (11:00am): Shit baby i'm sorry i just woke up, are you free now? xx

Harry (2:00pm): hiii. I just tried to call, i was on stage when you texted. call now? xxx

Me (2:15pm): hey, I'm in a lecture so i couldn't answer. will you still be awake in a couple of hours? I have a tute straight after this but then i can call you?

Harry (2:16pm): Ill wait up till i hear from you. love you baby xxx

Me (5:15pm): Hey, I just tried to call but I guess you fell asleep.

5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 1...1 am in Tokyo. I count it out on my hands as I walk down the hall back to my room. It's been a long twenty-four hours with no proper contact from him, a text here and there isn't really enough.

I let out a dramatic sigh as I balance my laptop under my arm and listen to the voicemails on my phone.

"Hey, I guess I missed you. I'll try again later, hope you're having a good day. Love you." 

"Hey, I guess I missed you, again. Maybe we need to like make a set time that we talk each day? I'm missing you heaps, bub. Wishing you were here I guess, pretty sure I'm going to go insane if the next 39 days don't go quickly. We head to The Phillipines tomorrow, that'll be pretty chill I think. Anyway, that's basically all I have to say. I love you and I hope we can talk soon."

Our schedules are conflicting completely. When he's busy I'm not, when he's free I'm busy. When he's awake, I'm asleep. When he's asleep, I'm awake. It's not exactly a recipe for perfect communication. In fact, it's the opposite. Broken communication and missed calls is basically what we're dealing at the moment.

I open the door to Alice and I's room, dumping my stuff on my desk before slumping down on the bed.

"Not a good day, I'm guessing?" Alice asks.

"It's really hard to enjoy uni life when I want to be thousands of kilometres from here."

"Missing Harry?"

"Yep. I just wanna talk to him and he's asleep." I whine, banging my head on my pillow.

"There's always tomorrow?" She says, positively.

"I guess. Thirty eight more days of this."

Harry (2:00am): Guess you're asleep. This is so shit. I just want to talk to you. I want to see you. Let's skype? We're flying to the Phillipines now, so London time is 8 hours behind, if that helps. Fuuuuuuuck. I love you.

Harry (7:14am): Just arrived...you up yet?

Lola (8:05am): I just woke up!!! ARE YOU FREE PLEASE TELL ME YOU ARE DOING NOTHINGI RIGHT NOW IF YOU ARE DROP EVERYTHING BECAUSE I AM DYING.

Harry (9:00am): Soundcheck :( :( :( :( :( :( :( No amount of sad faces are enough. Give me half an hour??

Lola (9:15am): I have a lecture at 10. We have half an hour to chat?

Harry (9:25am): There's an issue with my in-ears I have to get new ones fitted now. fuck, it's 5:24pm here, I might have time at like 6 to chat, will you be finished in your lecture then?

Lola (9:26am): Nooo :( And then I have a doctor's appt to get my script for the pill renewed. Though I guess that's not really that important right now.