Chapter 5: Happy Birthday

“This one?” I step out of the dressing room, Harry lifts his head, that was resting lazily on his palm, up to face me.

“Perfect. Let’s go.” He stands up, not bothering to even look at the ivory coloured jumpsuit. The straps are quite thin, and has a triangle neckline with a tight fit bodice, and a very short finish.

“Really?” I question, I was positive he would say it was too short.

He takes a second to actually look. “Well you’re going to freeze but apart from that it’s nice. Now get changed so we can go.”  He succeeded at acting vaguely interested for the first couple of stores, now he’s just irritated and wants to leave. I can’t blame him, I’m sick of shopping too, and even more sick of him having to stop for photos.

I change back into jeans and a grey shirt with my a black and white plaid shirt of Harry’s undone over the top.

After arguing with Harry for about five minutes of who is going to pay for my new outfit, I finally win and am able to leave the store with my purchase secured in a bag in my hand.

“You’re a uni student, please let me spend money on you occasionally.”

“A uni student who owns her own apartment, and gets rent deposited into my account weekly. I don’t need your handouts, just your love.” I remind him, smirking as I link my arm with his.

“Uh, I hate dating a lawyer. You win nearly every argument.”

“I’m not a lawyer anymore.” I remind him, the thought making me frown slightly.

When he doesn’t say anything I change the subject as we walk to the car. “So Niall was acting really odd yesterday.”

“In what way?” Harry asks, his facial expression not changing at all, he looks disinterested.

“I don’t know, just like…weird. Like when I asked him about tour and stuff he kind of closed off. Why?”

“Why are you asking me? I don’t know what goes through his mind.” Harry says gruffly, quite defensive as he hops into the driver’s seat.

“Jeez. Sorry.” I roll my eyes, hoisting myself up into the passenger seat of his Range Rover.

“What are you wearing tonight?” I ask him, changing the subject again.

“I don’t know, jeans and a shirt.” He shrugs, pulling out onto the road.

“How groundbreaking.” I tease and he gives me a small smile.

“This dress is amazing.” He stands behind me in the mirror, his hand running up my thigh from behind but is hindered by the connecting material at the bottom.

“It’s a jumpsuit, silly.”

“Ah, what a cockblock.” He groans, moving his hand up the fabric across my waist and along my collarbone. I watch his movements in the mirror and lean back into him.

“It’s just so short, I think we should skip the party all together.”

“Hmm, not a bad idea. The last time you and me were at one of Niall’s parties, things ended very badly.”

“That was over a year and a half ago, and you were shagging him.”

I turn around to face Harry. “Yeah and you were engaged to Fleur.”

“And you were dating Louis.” He counters.

“Okay you win.” I smack his chest, laughing. I run my hands down his chest, admiring the orange striped shirt he has undone over a white shirt that perfectly clings to his chest. I let my hands run down further, my palm resting over his zipper. “Maybe we should skip the party.” I cock my eyebrow up at him as he jerks forward at my touch.