Epilogue: Part Une

“Holy fucking shit.”

“Language!” Anne scolds Gemma.

“Is it okay?” I turn on my side, sucking in as I stare in the mirror, my fingers smoothing down the fine material.

“Is it okay?!” Gemma’s eyes bulge, she’s in awe, her tone sarcastic as ever.

“Charlotte honey, you look beautiful.” Anne’s soothing voice is more reassuring than Gemma’s squealing.

“You look incredible, sweetheart.” Mum gushes, I think she’s going to tear up. All three of them had insisted on coming to the final fitting, and it was good to have their input on the dress I’ve been panicking over for what feels like two years. I don’t think anyone realises how much pressure there is on me for this wedding, these photos are going to be everywhere, and every decision I make will be ripped to shreds by girls around the world regardless.

“It’s not too much, is it?” I stare in the mirror head on, almost not recognising the person in front of me.

I’ve always imagined wearing a Vera Wang wedding dress, but never thought it would actually happen.

Yet, here we are. Guess that’s one benefit to marrying Harry Styles. Just one.

The tight fitting material does wonders to make me look like I actually have curves, so that’s also a bonus.

“I think I love it.” I say nervously, turning in the mirror a few more times.

“You think?!” Gemma is being very overdramatic today.

“Okay it’s pretty great. Do you like it?” I ask Anne nervously, spinning around slowly and looking in the mirror.

“It’s beautiful, you look beautiful.” She says softly, still quite a contrast to Gemma’s exasperation.

I bite my bottom lip nervously, fiddling with my hair so that I can see what it’ll look like with different hairstyles.

“To think, in two weeks time I’m going to be married.” I clench my teeth, eyes widening with excitement, chest constricting as my breath quickens.

“Nervous?” Anne asks, sipping the champagne the girl in the atelier gave her.

“Cold feet?” Gemma sneers, finishing her flute off.

“Yes, I have cold feet and I’m actually going to flee to Australia next week so, fair warning.” I tease, sticking my tongue out at her. “Tell Harry I love him and that I’m sorry but I can’t do this.” I joke, and only Gemma laughs.

“I wonder if Harry has cold feet.” Anne murmurs, shifting uncomfortably; Gemma and I always seem to put her in this position with our stupid humour.

“He better bloody not. I’ve waited long enough for this day.” I roll my eyes, apparently people with schedules like Harry and I can’t have short engagements; resulting in us having to wait roughly two years from our engagement to finally get married, we had to plan so far in advance which was frustrating but it meant everyone we loved would be available, and Harry wouldn’t be stressed with tour, and I would be able to get more established as partner.

“We all have.” Anne nods in agreement.

I turn my attention back into the mirror, fidgeting with the top of the dress. It’s strapless, and at my last fitting it was a perfect fit around my boobs, but today they’re poking up a little too much. The best part about the dress, is just slightly above the knees where a sort of mermaid style ruffle begins, flaring out from the dress in beautiful and graceful eccentricity, right to the floor. Walking in this dress wasn’t going to be easy, but I just had to make it down the aisle and Harry can carry me from there…I hope. Oh God I just got butterflies.