Kuni-chan

Yumi's P.O.V.

In the end, I won and he owed me Ponta.

"Damn. Nee-chan! That wasn't fair!!" Ryoma pouted.

"Ryoma, let me tell you something....Life's not fair."

He scoffed and started to walk into the school without me.

"Matte, Ryoma!" I yelled, "Where's the principal's office?!"

He just ignored me and walked on. Hm. He must be really upset with losing and having to give me ponta. Luckily, I have a good sense of direction, unlike Ryoma. I found the office in ten minutes because I took my time observing how the classes were placed. The schools here were different than the ones in America after all. I knocked on the principal's door and was let in by his secretary.

"Echizen-san, I know about your achievements in America therefore, I've decided to let you join the boys tennis team. Here is your schedule and have a good day."

My class number was class 3-8. I finally made it though when the bell rang. I knocked on the door and a teacher opened it.

"Echizen Yumi? Ah, you are the new student."

I walked in and the teacher started to intoduce me.

"Everyone, this is Echizen Yumi. She is a transfer student from America."

Immediately, the class became very noisy and they raised their hands for questions. Quickly, I scanned the class for anyone I knew, but I didn't see any familiar faces. Time quickly passed by and I was also tired from the run in the morning so I decided to sleep in English. Of course the teacher got mad and so she called me to read and I shocked everyone with my pronunciation.

At last, I slept quietly without any disturbances. When it came for lunch, I decided to find Ryoma. I tried his class, but his classmates had told me that he left to the cafeteria. I went to get lunch really quickly and decided to buy a bento. I tried the last place I could think of which was the rooftop. No one was there either.

The bell rang and I made it back to class in time. I was disappointed though. I didn't get to see either of them. School was over quickly and I decided to go see Ryuzaki ba-chan. Knocking on the door of her office, I peeked in and saw two figures. One was Ryuzaki ba-chan and the other was....KUNI-CHAN!

Immediately seeing Kuni-chan, I stormed in and pounced onto Kuni-chan. I could hear him grunt and then he turned his head. After he saw who was on his back, his eyes widened and he froze. I got off him and waved my hands in front of his eyes, giggling.

"Kuni-chan. Aren't you even going to say hi? Oh, and hi ba-chan!"

Ryuzaki ba-chan just chuckled and waved hi. "I think you broke him, Yuki."

I giggled along with her, until something wrapped its arms around me and hugged me. I breathed in the scent of Kuni-chan.

"Yuki. Are you really here?"

"Kuni-chan. Mou....Aren't you hugging me right now?"

"But you're just gonna leave again. That's why I am hugging you. I'm not letting you go anymore."

"Gomen gomen, kuni-chan." He actually hugged me and wouldn't let me go until I convinced him that he had to go to tennis practice.

"Would you like to go visit the rest of the regulars?"

"Mm. I'd like to see Shūsuke again." Together, along with Ryuzaki ba-chan, we went down to the tennis courts.

[A/N: Check out my new story Grey Wings.]