Waking Up is a Challenge

Yuki's P.O.V.

After hugging okaa-san and teasing Oyaji the whole night, Ryoma and I finally went to sleep at ten o clock. Ryoma and I are like opposites. Ryoma can't wake up on time to save his life where as I have this internal clock in my head and I wake up exactly when I want to.

This morning, I woke up at 5:30, brushed my teeth, and changed into some workout clothes. I took my phone and wallet just in case I got lost. Writing a quick note to Ryoma and my parents, I left it on the counter and started to jog around the neighborhood. I finally finished my jog at 6 and at the time I came back, okaa-san was up making breakfast.

"Ah, Yuki, can you please wake up Ryoma?" Okaa-san asked.

Nodding, I went upstairs to the room we shared to see Ryoma snoring loudly and Karupin nudging Ryoma to wake up. Sighing, I went to get a glass of cold water from the bathroom and dumped it on Ryoma's head.

No reaction.

I took a blowhorn and blew it directly into his ears.

Still no reaction.

I smirked and decided to try something different.

I bent down towards Ryoma's ears and whispered, "Ryoma, if you don't wake up, I'll drink all your Ponta."

His head immediately shot up and he had wide eyes, while twisting around to make sure his Ponta was still avaliable. I let out a laugh at his expression and he immediately glared at me for threatening his Ponta. Ruffling his hair, I told him to get up, only to hear him grumble.

I went downstairs and the aroma of Western food hit me. I rushed towards the kitchen and Oyaji was sitting there, "reading the newspaper" again.

"Okaa-san, it smells really good," I complimented her.

"Thank you, Yuki." Okaa-san then left to get the rest of the meals.

I turned to Oyaji and said, "If you don't want Okaa-san to burn those magazines, I suggest you to put it away Oyaji."

"W-what?! What magazines?! Yuki! I'm insulted!" he yelled while putting his hand on his chest and imitating a shocked face. "Why would you think your father would read such things?!"

I was about to answer when Ryoma entered the room and retorted, "Because we have a dirty perverted man as a father."

"Oy chibi. You shouldn't be talking, shorty."

"Childish father."

"Ma ma..." I intervened. "You both are childish." I pouted. "Oyaji, stop calling Ryoma a shorty and Ryoma, stop calling Oyaji childish."

They both ignored me and crossed their arms like stubborn little kids. Okaa-san made Ryoma sit down and put down the trays of breakfast.

"Itadakimasu."

I was about to eat when I glanced towards Ryoma. He had his chopsticks in his hand, but he was staring at his food and then he looked at my food. He repeated this several times and so I looked at the difference. I chuckled at how childish he could be and how he has never changed. Putting down my chopsticks, I lifted my tray and switched his with mine.

I watched him and he stared back at me, refusing to eat the food. "Ryoma, eat. I like Western food way better anyways." He still stared at me and I glared at him. "Fine. I'll take it back." Right when I was about to take my tray back, he stopped me from grabbing it and mumbled something.

"Huh?? What did you say Ryoma? I can't hear." I teased him.

"Arigato onee-chan."

I smiled and ruffled his har again, making him glare at me. We finished our breakfasts at 6:30 and I decided to race him to school.

"Ryoma, if I beat you to school, you have to buy me Ponta." and I took off running.

I could hear him curse behind me before he started running. I started to laugh while I ran and I even ran backwards to tease him.