Chapter 3, Part 2 (Lukas's POV)

For forever_writing_26 for the amazing comments!!! ty so much!!! EVERYONE GO AND MAKE SURE TO CHECK OUT HER BOOK, WATER!!! ITS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My name is Lukas Blackwood, and my family was murdered when I was only seven years old. Brett and Helena are my best friends, the closest thing that I have to family. Helena and Brett understand me more than others, as their parents were murdered around the same time mine were.  We’ve grown up together, and they’re honestly my family, although we look absolutely nothing alike. Brett is 17 years old with light brown hair and chocolate brown eyes, while his girlfriend, Helena, is an 18 year old blonde with sky-blue eyes. I’m 18 years old, with dark brown hair and golden eyes. We were always searching for the organization who had killed our parents, and were always hunting for people who had the same problems as us who would help us in our quest.  

We frequently went to orphanages to search for people who were the same as us.  So far, we had found no one, but we never gave up. One day, we went to an orphanage--that we were all supremely skeptical of--but still tried out in hopes of finding someone, anyone, who could help us. The orphanage was called Debbie’s Home for Orphaned Children, and was a run down, sad-looking building. I sighed, but went inside. The first thing that I saw were two girls sitting near the entrance; one was an asian girl with long dark hair and blue-grey eyes, and the other was a golden haired girl with striking emerald eyes.

Brett smirked and whispered to me, “That girl looks like she’s in love with you.”

I replied, “Of course not.” Either way, though, I knew my manners.  I put my hand out for her and said, “Hello, my name is Lukas Blackwood, and these are my friends, Brett Ostrander,” I said, pointing to Brett, “and Helena Eastlake,” I said gesturing to Helena.  Helena waved to the girl. I looked at the girl expectantly, as I still held my hand out for her to shake.

“Oh, I-I’m sorry,” she stammered, taking  my hand.  “My name is Ciera Castillo, and this is my friend Selene-,” she paused.  “Selene... I just realized that I don’t know your last name…”

Selene saved her, holding her hand out.  “My name is Selene Kinsley,” she said. “In case you’re wondering, I look like my mother. My mom was Asian, but my dad wasn’t. That’s why my last name isn’t Asian sounding.” Looking back at Ciera, I was sure that she was just some stupid girl who would never be able to help us.  Then, she did something that surprised me.  

She saw Helena’s fan, the one that she had received after her parents were killed with it, and stared at it as if she knew what it was. Helena saw her reaction, and whispered to Brett and me. “Ciera knows what it is,” she said excitedly. “We need to take her, Lukas please!”  

I consented.  “Miss,” I said, turning around to see a woman in her mid 50s, “can we adopt this girl?” I asked, pointing to Ciera. Ciera looked happy, and there was excitement in her eyes as she looked at her friend.

Debbie nodded, “Of course, she has been behaving very well. Ciera, go and get your objects, you will be leaving soon. We will fill out the necessary paperwork.” Ciera nodded happily and skipped out of the room, Selene at her heels. I looked at them.  Finally, I thought to myself. We had finally found someone to help get revenge, for all of us. Brett and Helena already had gotten revenge for their parents, Ciera would get revenge for her parents, and perhaps I would get revenge for mine. Apparently, today wouldn’t be a total waste.