Chapter 27 : Public

яємємвєя тσ нανє ƒυη.

***

Taehyung was overwhelmed.

They were in the backstage, before their concert. Yeah, their own concert. Their fourth comeback stage with an ashtonishing album.

He stared at himself through the mirror, while stylists were getting him ready. Wearing a sleeveless shirt, his ears decorated with shining earrings, his face was glowing from the brightness.

And his eyes were glistening with unshed tears.

It was only their first individual concert and they had much more to achieve, though he couldn't help himself from getting teared up, from getting emotional.

He looked down immediately, not wanting to shed any tears among the crowded chaos. Not really crowded, but it sure was chaos.

Stylists, back-up dancers, members and staffs were roaming here and there, making sure that everything was perfect for the performance.

And there he was, Taehyung, getting emotional.

For someone who had his feelings and emotions under control once, this was too unfair for him to handle. He didn't know how to handle his outgoing self, completely forgetting it.

Seeing that his make-up didn't smudge or mess up, he slightly wiped away the tears, which was in the urge of flowing down the cheeks. All because, of their first tour. Their first own concert, all over the world.

A year after their debut.

No matter how much he was free now, he couldn't forget how he was in the beginning of their journey.

Feisty, cold, insecure and whatnot.

Sighing, he looked up to look at his reflection again.

"Hey, you want to be my friend?" A small boy asked the other one, who was scribbling on the ground. The scribbling boy looked above to see who it was. The moment he saw it was 'him' to asked to be friends with him, he immediately turned again, completely ignoring him.

"Please?" The boy's big eyes shone with innocence and ignorance, as he asked the boy once again.

"No! I won't be friends with freaks!"

The boy who asked, frowned a bit, as he opened his mouth to say something. But before he could say something, the other one ran away from there, throwing a disgusting look towards the standing one.

"Am I a freak?" He weakly mumbled to himself, helplessly.

It was Kim Taehyung's ten-year-old self.

-------------

"How about a movie?" His 'friend' asked.

He, naively nodded, remembering the pocket money he was given by his mother. He wanted to save it for his own hunger later, but if got some more friends... then, he would be happy to help.

Oblivious of the other's intentions, both of them left school that day, happily. Well, at least, he was happy... if not the other.

When they entered the theatre, to say that he was happy would be an understatement. He was excited, nervous... at the same time, proud. Proud of himself that he got one friend. Showing his boxy smile, he gave his hand for the other to hold it.